I'm stepping up my game, getting a PC...

Started by dub504, September 09, 2009, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

I got cocky on my last G2G's. I pushed the limits and failed, three out of four got trich. One got sour rot... :angry: but it's my bad. I'm making a glove box too. Do y'all have any brands of pressure cookers you like? I was looking at a used Presto 23qt on amazon.

k12357

ive got an old mirro-matic.  Only one ive ever had, has worked great for a long time.  if your buying used make sure the gasket is not cracked and see if you can get new gaskets for it.  if it has a gasket.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

room408

what do you mean by pushing the limits? my bro and i did a G2G 2 weeks ago with cambodians and we had 2 of the 12 jars get contaminated. idk why maybe too hot of incubation. it had gotten to 86 at times. but i believe that if there is contamination in the jar then it had been introduced during inoculation and not because of anything you do thereafter. anyone know?  we made two casings on sunday and two last night, and their all in the FC tonight. the first two were colonized well but we had to put the two we made last night in too b/c no one will be able to watch them. fuck it, should be alright

fattrout

dob408, this is the one i use, BTW i have the 10qt.. 
http://www.fagoramerica.com/cookware/pressure_cookers/elite_line/elite

if you are having contam  problems, you need more lysol...  ^_^

dub504, sorry for typo in your name.. it most have been that weed.. :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Pushing the limits aka being lazy and didn't clean my work area like I usually do. I thought I could get away w/ it and man was I wrong.

MT

Make yourself a cheap glovebox out of a plastic stow bin, then make sure you sterilize the inside of it with 91% alcohol each time that you use it. That should take care of your problem. Also be sure to wear rubber gloves and some type of sleeve over your arms to help eliminate any contams that are on you from entering your jars of grain.

MT

Oh I forgot, I bought one of the 23 QT. presto PC's that are shown on the home page of this site from Amazon and it works great.

malabar

Well, like Fattrout says,....    More Lysol!  And, don't be afraid to use it!    
  But, if you are having contams after a g2g, and the source isn't bad,....   That is confirmation that you need to tighten up in your practices.  Sorry to say.
  I use lots of Lysol,..... Bleach, and Denatured Alcohol, ( since I have it around for my artwork).  Hell if there was a real, " 2 - second " rule about food hitting the floor,........  You might have a, " 2 - minute " rule here!  A surgeon should have it so good,...  :rolleyes:
  Clean up, and GL.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

Yeah that shit happens.  Even when I beleive everything is squeaky clean I have had to throw stuff out!  I don't even go into my lab if I have a cold or sniffles, it freaks me out to much .. lol.  But Lysol is good, not only for keeping germs etc down for the shrooms but for your germ killing of cold and flu bugs!!

dub504

I know now not to harbor the fuck it attitude. I normally take a shower, wear gloves, spray lysol etc... I was thinking " The jars will only be open for a second does all that extra precaution really make a difference?" and you all know the answer to that. Yes, it does!

I ordered that 23qt Presto. I've got bulk fever! ^_^

malabar

Live and Learn my Brother,....
     Live and Learn. 
        :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!