Best substrate for certain spores

Started by herro, August 31, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herro

What do you guys think would be the best substrate for the following spores: Amazonian, B+, and Orissa Indian?

malabar

Herro,
   If you were to ask me personally,...  I would say "pick a grain,.... any grain".   But it sounds like you are new in the field, so you might start by using the search function and do a little research.
  Many have started with PF TEK.  I have never spent time with BRF so you might wait for another recommendation, or start reading and gearing up now.
  GL
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

People experience success with the PF TEK. Try it and you will be able to answer your own question. The best substrate is the one that works for you consistently.

shroomzer

The other two have pretty much hit it on the head.  Once you're up and running you can decide.  GL!

MT

I would start with the PF TEK also. Early success will continue your intrests in this hobby.

fattrout

yep, start with PF tek and move on from there.. thats how i started.
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek
also check out this video, its 1 hour long but its worth the time.. :mellow:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674#
fattrout

herro

Thanks for the responses.

I am looking into some birdseed.. for someone who wants to get everything from walmart for a project, what would be the best substrate?

malabar

Herro,
  If you are shopping at Walmart for your goodies you have a world of selections,....  WBS, Millet, Br. Rice, Popcorn, Barley, and Oats.
  But, if you were taking the advice of the majority, you would be sticking with the BRF.
  Your choice once again.

shroomzer

Yeah I havn't ventured into the grains, but I have seen the good results from popcorn, and lots of different seeds from posters here on the forums.  I may go there one day, but I'm content with my BRF cakes!

herro

i had looked for brf but i couldnt find it.. ill have to check again

malabar

Herro,
  You have a few options,.. 
1) Go to the fungifun.org home page and hit the shopping link
2) Buy a coffee grinder, some brown rice and make you own
3) Hit E-Bay or a health food store

Dude,...  Think outside of the box.  There are always options and ways to accomplish what you want to do.  Remember the first time you smoked pot?  You found a way to get that done,....  This is easier.  It's Legal!

acadam

malabar

Well,.. Thank you,. thank you Very much,..  :ph34r:

MT

Malabar is right. Use a little common sense and the search function that is available to you on this site. I personally started out with the PF TEK using BRF. I bought a bag of brown rice and a coffee grinder at the grocery store.and the verm was purchased at Wal-Mart. No real big mysteries to it.