Plans for my first grow, a couple questions..

Started by squibbler00, September 02, 2009, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibbler00

So i plan to start out with the brf tek to make cakes, and case them afterward, with maybe the 60/40 coir virm, if by then I don't find a more attractive recipe.  I'm using 1/2 pint jars and i'm casing in 4" aluminum roasting pans, 2 pans in each of the 2 16 gallon plastic fruiting chambers.  I figure on fitting 6 cakes per casing, then covering them with the casing.  I'm going to use one tropic air humidifier and air pump per fc- i'm hoping this will provide enough fac but don't know how many holes to install in the chamber or what size they should be.  Should i put them all over the box, as the brf tek says, or just near the bottom or top for CO2 to exit?  Do i need some kind of filter for the air pump or can you suggest one that's suitable to my needs?  Thanks for any tips or input.

darksyde

squibbler00,

Im not an expert by any means, but Ive done alot of research on the web and came across this instructional video. Its kinda lengthy (about an hour), and the soundtrack prolly wont be going platinum any time soon, but for a complete novice it does give you a good starting point and some illustration to the thoughts roaming around in your head.. hope it helps and happy viewing
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674

fattrout

heres that link, its a great video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674#

as for F.C. holes i would start with 6 to 10 holes around the bottom and 6 to 10 holes around the top and go from there.. hole size should be 1/4 inch. holes should be 1 inch above your hydrotom or perlite. top holes should be 1 to 2 inches from the top.. you may have to add or plug holes as you go. depending on your RH and FAE readings..
good luck, hope this helps..  fattrout   :ph34r:
fattrout

room408

you won't need a humidifier and air pump for each fruiting chamber. just get the one humidifier (or you can build one yourself props to nomoredroughts) i have built one myself also. and then just make sure you get a good sized air pump that will pump air to your whole setup. i also have two FC's and i use the double outlet air pump i think its good for a 60 gal tank or something.