when do you stop misting a casing

Started by sTAYhIGH4:20, September 06, 2009, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sTAYhIGH4:20

I just wanted to know if  i should still mist my casing even after it pins and begins to fruit. Or  should  i only use the humidity in my fruiting chamber?

cugak

Stop misting! You mist when u pick them, before 2nd flush!
share international

acadam

If your casing appears to be dry I would mist. Ive never had a problem getting my mushies wet.

coyoteyogi

I mist with a 1:9 H202 : water mix and it seems to be fine. The peroxide prevents spraying on contams.

jabwemet

You mist between flushes, yes?  So you don't have to dig them up and dunk them, correct?  I was wondering how that worked...
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

jabwemet

also, should you dunk a colonized cake before casing it or can you rely on the moisture of the casing layer?

fattrout

hey 4:20, i mist my casing. when they start to look dry.. also after each flush i will patch with new casing mix and spray the shit out of them. as for dunking i never dunk my casing... :mellow:

jabwemet, when i was doing cake, i always dunk before casing them.. shroomzer big on cakes. i think shes tried it both ways.. she'll know whats best.. :rolleyes:
fattrout

shroomzer

I've done it both ways with and without dunking and dunking definately increases yield and size. (dunk in spring water)

jabwemet

when dunking before casing, should you refrigerate?  if i remember correctly, cold triggers pinning and you want to have 0 pins when putting a dunked cake into a casing.  can you just dunk out of the fridge?

acadam

I've done both ways refrigerate or not. I know some strains benifit from cold shock and some don't. Ive never noticed a difference..  giver hell :ph34r:

malabar

4:20,
    Not to take the wind from anyones sails, but "cold shocking" hasn't really proven to be of any benefit, one way or the other. 
  The cold of course will slow or retard the growth for a period of time, but it's not a trigger for Cubensis.
  I'm sure it can't hurt anything though,.......  So have at it, if you like!  lol
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

As far as cold shock.. I have not noticed any real 'difference'... it's whatever you prefer I suppose.

dub504

I agree, the cold shock isn't necessary or beneficial w/ cubes.