Is Co2 gas good to add?"

Started by sTAYhIGH4:20, September 02, 2009, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sTAYhIGH4:20

I am wondering whether or not  it would be a good idea to add Co2 gas to my fruiting chamber through a Co2 tank. Does anyone know whether shrooms benefit from high levels or low levels of Co2 gas

malabar

4:20,
  I asked that same question years ago.  I would have appeared that the addition of CO2 would have made Some kind of difference, or perhaps offered a boost in growing.
  But,.....  NOT! 
A matter of fact, unless you just want your grow to get stuck on Stupid,...  Or remain in a "vegetative" state,... literally.  Don't do it. The wheel ain't broke so don't try to fix it!
  The exchange of gases are to lean much further to the right...  FAE when any exchange is required.  Too much CO2 and you will have a terminal case of Overlay or vegetative growth until it chokes and dies,... 
  Some have tried by adding, C02 generators,....  Containers w/baking soda + Vinegar, but,...   The best scenario in all of that mess was,..... that there was no effect.   Longer term experiments have gone south.  So, Why torture your little ones??
  Stay on the path grasshopper,....
     ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!