Liquid Inoc Newbie, results = near 0

Started by jadzuke, November 15, 2009, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadzuke

I'm using Stamets' Shroom Cult. formula for QT rye grain: 1C grain & 3/4 water. No soak. PC 45 mins @ 15 lbs. Cool (room temp) and inoculate w/2cc each. I did total 8 jars. 25 days later 2 jars show small spots, not even enough to shake. Grain looks dry. Any suggestions? Any magic to save these 8 jars? Mix with wetter grain? Thanks

psilocybin warrior

If you want to try mixing with better grains go for it, though its not the best route to go. If it were me I would start over and make sure your grains have enough moisture before you innoc. Good luck!

PW

jadzuke

Do ya have a better method for grain prep, or just use a little more water. Does soaking work?
thanks

malabar

Jadzude,
  I more than agree with PW.  Mixing doesn't really sound like the road to travel.  A matter of fact it sounds like a sure route to "Contamination City".
  If you took note as to how much H2O you used in your "failed" prep, I would start from there and "tweak" out your formula by adding more H2O and keep a record or notes as to what is working for you.  At least until you get it down.
  GL
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

psilocybin warrior

The soaking process allows endospores to germinate before steralization and drastically decreases the possibilities of future contams in the grains . Might I suggest simmering, http://www.shroomery.org/9030/Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek I would read through it a couple times a day for a couple days to allow all the little details to sink in before another attempt. Good Luck!

PW

MT

I soak my WBS overnight and also rinse, drain and repeat several times during the soak while removing all of the sunflower seeds and floaters. I then bring to a boil and simmer for fifteen minutes. After that I drain it and cool back to room temp., before loading my jars for the PC. No contamination problems so far.