about my FC

Started by jonny boy, September 07, 2009, 01:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny boy

so im thinking of a dark colored rubber maid tote with a light mounted on top (to achieve light 12 on 12 off) also using fish air bubblers and holes drilled in the top of the lid for the air exchange  along with a pet humidifier. any one see any flaws with that? also by using the humidifier with that eliminate the need for the pelite or clay balls etc.     

fattrout

sounds like it would work, you may have to make adjustment as you go... you do need to put holes around the bottom. thats were the bad gases hang out. they need to be push out through the bottom. you may not need the perlite or hydrotom. but i would put it in. mist it from time to time. but thats me.... theres many ways to build a FC... :mellow:

good luck and keep us posted,
fattrout
fattrout

malabar

Jonny boy,
   Looks like Fattrout has you covered.   I agree with all that he says, and suggest that you Do add the pearlite or expanded clay.
  GL
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

I would go with either the air stones or the tropic aire. Since they both achieve the same end. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I use a poor mans pod, the air pump pushes air through the air stone in water, up through hydroton, humidifying and exchanging the air. The advantage of the tropic aire is that there is no standing water and with a valve you can basically dial in humidity. There are other little tweaks to either system but IMO combining both wouldn't make a lot of sense.

jonny boy