Mycological Peptone and Antibiotics

Started by g fung, October 15, 2008, 03:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g fung

What exactly are the practical uses of mycological peptone and antibiotics? I have seen the antibiotics somewhere but I can't seem to find them again. Any thoughts?

psilocybin warrior

Mycological peptones are protein sources that help promote and sustain growth. As for mycological antibiotics are mainly antibiotics derived from a fungi or mold similar to penicillan.

g fung

Thank you... I got those answers already b/c I own a dictionary and computer, and am part of modern society, thus, have a rudimentary understanding of antibiotics. (I realize that I have one star next to my name but don't think that I am a moron)

So as I asked, what are the practical uses for these two products and do you know where to find the latter (that means the second one, for all you morons out there).

captshroom

What better way to get the answers you seek than to insult the very ones that may have those answers?

Baphom3t

g fung

OK, you guys are right I was brash and I was a ----. I am sorry P.Warrior . You guys are saints and keep this forum relevant and current for the purpose of serving the greater good for no gains of your own other than the satisfaction of helping someone. The answer I received was less informative than the blurb provided by the website selling the product which brought me no closer to an answer.
Back to the question, do these products have a practical application outside of petri-dishes and cultures? Can they be added to grains, substrate etc.? Better yet has anyone ever used them?

Baphom3t

"do these products have a practical application outside of petri-dishes and cultures?"

No,they are used for making cultures and p-dishes.

"Can they be added to grains, substrate etc.?"

Not needed imo.Spores can start in grains with ease.
One can have a tendency to want to invest to much $$ in this hobby only to have succsessive failure or not get the desired end result.
I'd keep that for p-dish purposes.
But I have a link for you :)
http://www.bio-world.com/MoreInfo.php?ItemCode=760092

Baph

g fung

kevinmccrthy@yahoo.com

Yes, Sporeworks sells antibiotic you can add to your Agar to keep other molds and competing bacteria from growing. As for how it works I will know better in a few weeks I just poured the Petri dishes last night.

andreajones021

The acknowledgment I accustomed was beneath advisory than the blurb provided by the website affairs the artefact which brought me no afterpiece to an answer.