pinning with casings

Started by room408, September 14, 2009, 03:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

room408

what it do everyone? i was just thinking about the light cycle and thought of an idea. i have heard that the mushrooms should really get a steady light/dark cycle ever since an introduction to the fruiting chamber. my idea would be to continually have light on them for the first couple days... or until you see the mycelium really start to "hill" up (right before it pins you know?) then start to give it a light/dark cycle. it may speed things up cuz my bro and i did it over this past weekend... the casings went in wed and by sat we had the hills... (we were out of town so we thought better to keep the light on than not) we introduced the first dark cycle on sat so hopefully today or tomorrow we will see some pins. just throwing an idea out there feedback is welcome!

darksyde

I was actually just gonna ask how long it should be for pins to form with cambo strain.. I put mine in last monday and its been 12 on 12 off the whole time.. This was by far the fastest myc growth I had seen in my inc chamber, but still no pins :huh:

malabar

Guys,
  !2 hours on/off is just fine!  Just like you, the little guys need to rest too.  Though there are places in the world that have longer light cycles in their day, and shrooms do grow there.  Let's keep it simple. 
  Get too far off the path, and you will do more harm than good.
      ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

acadam

Get a timer. never have to worry

malabar

Right on!  Best advice yet Fattrout.   
        :ph34r:

coyoteyogi

Hey Darkside,
  I hear you. I've got some cammies that are just sitting there and have been for a week or more. They do have a mind of their own. I've got some BRF cakes and cased popcorn/millet. It will be interesting to see who fruits first. Patience, patience...easy advice to give others but tough to swallow myself.

room408

haha the hills took awhile to build into pins (11 days in FC total), but like the saying goes in this hobby patience is a virtue... cambo strain on rye

malabar

Excellent !  You're almost home,    -_-  Great way to start the week off.  By the end of the week you will be in Mushroom Heaven !
  Congrats Bro.    :ph34r:
    ~Malabar   :mellow:

shroomzer

Nice Room~!!!  Well ya know you probly have a nice room ... but Room408 NICE .. there, better!!

room408

thanks guys im definitely excited
haha have a glass of soymilk there shroomzer?

shroomzer

coyoteyogi

Book me for room407. Great pinset.

psilocybin warrior

Looks a little dry to me. Give it a heavy mist after 1st flush.

PW

Davie K

you might want to think about getting some metal scissors an cutting a few inch wide slices on the sides... just down to the my-cilium, it will keep your Co2 from building up 2 the rim, before spilling out of your trays

room408

excellent idea davie k... will look into it on next flush