elementary growing question

Started by Okegr, September 16, 2009, 06:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okegr

hello all,

i am a new grower with no experience in the mushroom field. out of all the do it yourself videos posted all along the internet, they mention very little about the importance of light for the fruit bodies to flourish.

my question being,

is there any formula for mushroom growth that would allow me to incubate AND grow the mushrooms in a pitch black, moist, damp, environment? watering the fungi would be no problem, and i'd be able to check up on them at any time, however the hottest and dampest place in my house is also the darkest and most inaccessible. please let me know and thanks for your time guys.

great site ~!~     :ph34r:

dub504

Sounds like you need to do some reading... The temp for incubation and fruiting are different. Look into it. Depending on what type of mushroom you're growing, light can be a trigger for fruiting. The light we use for mushrooms is very low wattage usually set on a timer, but you really need to read the teks out there and follow them. We can help you when you run into problems, but we can't do the work for you.

fungiguy

just check the pf-tek on this site. it is pretty straight forward and easy to follow. it is how i got started. good luck!!!

shroomzer

Mushroom Growing made easy ,,,,
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674#
Try this one out .. I think its a good one.