misting

Started by jonny boy, September 16, 2009, 09:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny boy

so ive been seeing alot of ratios for peroxide and water (10%-90%) to mist is it really necessary or would i be fine just using boiled water. i know it would still be a good idea to use the peroxide but just throwing the question out there...

psilocybin warrior

Depends on how dirty your lifestyle is, I usually dont add any peroxide unless I get a little cobweb. the ratio is usually 1;100. Bottled spring water works fine, in my old house I always used strait out the tap with no problems. Dont go thru the trouble of boiling water just to mist.

PW

MT

I have always used tap water. With good results

fattrout

i mist with spring water, no boiling, no peroxide. straight from the jug..
like PW said as long as your environment is clean, your cool... :mellow:
fattrout

Davie K

Srry to interupt, tho i've having a small fruit fly infestation... i think i need 2 pasturize the poo a little better, but in every chamber i seem to have a couple fruit flys, just doin their thing..  No molds, or noticable contamination.. beside the flys.. an the bloomers are growing fine, 20+ grams wet, each..  do you think adding a little peroxide would help. or not have any effect of the flys

dub504

Hate to be a stickler for the proper terms, but those are fungus gnats. Fruit Flies actually look different. I deal w/ the gnats in my profession from time to time. The problem is that the fungus is their food source. On the job I would treat the source problem "the fungus" w/ a fungicide (nasty stuff). Obviously in this case we don't want to do that! If you're in the midst of a flush, things look okay and It's not out of hand. I would roll w/ it. I don't think peroxide is going to do anything for you in this case.

dub504

Davie K, I've read hedge balls work! Or... gnat strips, they just get stuck to those.

psilocybin warrior

dub, those are monkey brains not hedgeballs. Get a grip man!

PW

dub504

Chilled monkey brains... ^_^

Davie K

thanx, ima have 2 look into thoes... but how would the flys get into the chamber 2 begin with? do they come from the poop?  I use mono tubs for my chambers