the saga begins....

Started by jonny boy, September 18, 2009, 12:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny boy

well i have no working a/c so not much i can do there... would i be alright giving them just 4 hours of light cuz the light seems to dry out the perlite im using a a blue spectrum aquarium light

malabar

Jonny boy,
  Sorry about your A/C dilemma,....  That has to Suck!    :huh:
As for your lighting,....  Sure, you can cut down the cycle.  The lights are just a trigger to initiate pinning.   Unlike plants, your little ones are Not light dependent.  There is no internal chemical "exchange" by light absorbsion as in chlorophyll structured plants.
   They will generally grow out in the direction of the spectrum, but after the pins appear they do quite well with shorter cycles.   
  I might also, suggest moving the light a bit further away from the FC, since it sounds like it's incandescent, which produces heat.
   I hope this helps you a bit.
    Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jonny boy

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...fucken fuck.... well i guess im learning the fundamentals of what not to do.... black forest mold on all the cakes man that fucken sucks i knew i had to get that temp. down but there was nothing i could do at the moment now my grow room is contaminated too.. well back to the drawing boards..  dont worry guys jonny boy will figure this out and pull through.  fuck

malabar

Jonny boy,
  Sorry to hear of your recent disaster!  And, as you stated,.....  You now have learned at least some of what Not to Do,.... 
  Stop fucking around,....  Get the bleach, Soap/Water and LYSOL out.  Get things clean, and get back in the game.
  You Can Do IT!
     ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

Oh Jonny boy .. that sucks, but I have been there too!! Clean, Clean, Clean!~~!!

Helo

Everytime I read this thread, I go and clean, lol. Makes me paranoid.  ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

shroomzer

Haha Helo .. pretty soon you clean - it just becomes part of the daily routine .. at least for me.  A nice spraying the house of lysol too... man I love the smell of lysol~!

Helo

Haha, I hear ya. I just keep cleaning things that are incredibly clean, lol. This hobby is making me clean ALOT more, and I havent even started yet. Im usually just an Organizing freak. Everything has to be set up perfectly and everything must be in the correct order, lol. At least its not a bad thing when it comes to this hobby. Wish I could get started with my first grow, but I am gonna be away for a bit (Laptop FTW), and I dont wanna leave them unattended...so...I wait...again...lol  ^_^

Wish I could just start already...lol
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

cugak

U can leave them to incubate!
share international

kindel

OK i have learned this method from a friend and its great for keeping a steady temp . you get a small aquarium and an aquarium heater and put your jars in there with rocks or something heavy on top to keep them from floating make sure your lids are sealed well and that keeps your temp at 72 to 75 at all times here however is my issue i am a newbie at this and have already had one failed attempt pre-aquarium. the instructions i got on how to grow never mentioned putting holes in the lids of the jars (birdseed btw) and never said how long it should take to start seeing "fuzz" its been almost two weeks now since i started the process it told me to wait three days and mix the jars up to disperse the myc i did that on thanksgiving and still don't see any thing any advice btw i am trying pink buffalo this time.

dub504

Why not just use a cooler (it's insulated) w/ an aquarium heater in a glass of water. Or two totes, one with water and the heater and spacers of some sort and the other tote inside of the first one
This is worth a read if you haven't already.
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Importance-Of-Gas-Exchange
You might wait three days after a G2G to redistribute the myc. If you are starting from spores, I would think it would take a little longer.