How many cc's of solution do I stick at each innoculation point?

Started by MojoBoogum, September 20, 2009, 08:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoBoogum

I've watched a few of your vids, including the 4 part series on YouTube which was a fantastic video. I've browsed around and checked out other mushroom growing tips but no one ever says exactly how many CC's of solution to stick at each innoculation point on your jars. This company I'm ordering the spores through sends them in single 12cc syringes and I would like to know roughly how many half pint jars that would be able to fully innoculate.

Thanks for the help :)

darksyde

If you were doing g2g it could be in the millions.. I use pint jars and only have 1 hole for innoc in each and use about a quarter to a half a cc per jar. As long as you shake your syringe up good and the spores are viable, then it doesnt require any more than that.. I usually do 2 or 4 jars then let them colonize and then colonize as many more as I want from those jars but thats with rye or wheat berries.. Which tek are you using?

MojoBoogum

I don't know the name other than it's the PF-Tek method shown in the video series here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJQrsZFQdE)

The method is half pint jars with 4 innoculation holes, set into a 30 gallon plastic tub on a bed of wet perlite.

room408

go straight to grains... i dont know why people are so hesitant to start with them other than i guess its a little more expensive to buy a pressure cooker

dub504