Cooking w/ shrooms q

Started by dub504, September 07, 2009, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

I'm making some chocolates and just wanted to know the temp that the psilocybin breaks down at. In other words, what's too hot?

malabar

Consider 99F to be a threshold of death.  Especially if the temperature remains there for more than a Very short while. 
  Check Mycotopia for exact detail.  There should be info in their vault.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Thanks malabar. It's funny you mention that. I just started getting into mycotopia. The information is vast... I'll have to look in the vaults. I made some chocolates last night. I used a make shift double boiler, heated the chocolate, removed the choc. from the heat, stirred in the pulverized "magic", spooned into duck molds, tapped on the counter and refrigerated etc... The temp was at least 100. Now I know better. Quality control!

coyoteyogi

I've made a few chocolates and it is a great way to go. I bought a candy thermometer. From what I read you want to keep the chocolate below 115f. YOur method of waiting until the last moment to add the shrooms is good technique. I love how the chocolate and the shrooms support each other... ymm.

dub504

Yup, shrooms and chocolate are a great mix! I ate some chocolates that I made, last night. Checked out some Indian classical music at a club. Sitar, Tabla and some other stringed instrument that I don't know the name of. It was really awesome. An Indian guy kept leaning over to me and telling me tidbits about the tradition and other interesting facts about the culture. The musicians were great, student and teacher relationship. They played for what seemed like hours straight.

malabar

Dub,
  Cool running,.....  Sounds like a great time.   
   The wifey and I made up a stash of 25 "Supersize" bars.. About the size of Huge Snickers bars last night.  Each bar should be at least 12g.
  Carmel inside with the shroom dust, Chocolate outside, covered with crushed Almonds/Pecans.   
  They now rest comfortably, vaccum packed in the freezer until we head to Universal Studios next weekend.
   Keep cooking my brother.
     ~Malabar   :mellow:

shroomzer

Ya know .. I went to Safeway the other day ... and in their bakery found this delicious cookie that is like eating brownines .... bet they'd be great with shrooms!!  Trout would know....

dub504

malabar, those sound real delicious. All of it does really!

Davie K

does anyone know what happends after over heating?..  they lose their potency?  or the chemical structure breaks down into something non-halucigenic  <-  not a word...  spell check has no suggestions.

MT

It is my understanding that they lose their potency.

malabar

MT is right,.. 
  So you might as well be cooking with button mushrooms from Stop and Shop!  Save the little guys for after the meal.
     :ph34r: