It doesn't get more organic than this...

Started by dub504, September 25, 2009, 11:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Hey all, I made a visit out to my local Equestrian Farm. I made friends, they told me I could take all the horse poo I wanted. I just grabbed a little bit for my "Organic Garden"! So, now I'm pasteurizing. It's a straw/hpoo mix in an old pillow case. The water is distilled and has some lime in it to sweeten up the substrate and help keep out contaminates. I'm gonna use this thread as a little diary on it, success or failure.

P.S. I almost threw up mixing this stuff together.

shroomzer

WOW dub .. that is intersting!! Keep putting up pics, it made me wanna throw up just looking at it but yeah I am verrry interested in seeing how this goes!!!  Please keep us informed.

fattrout

SHITTTT dub, can't wait to see the fruit from that pile...lol  :rolleyes:
fattrout

fungiguy

is it a fact that poo will produce better yields? never tried it, but i have a friend with a horse farm.

dub504

Everything I've read says so, time will tell. I'm doing this pretty small scale. Horse and Donkey manure are better. If you try this, you want the older dried shit otherwise you'll have to leech it. The fresh is too high in nitrogen "burns myc" and is acidic. Pans and cubes like it on the sweet side so this is where the Hydrated Lime comes into the picture. I know a lot of growers aren't into adding supplements etc., but I work with this stuff so I've got it around.

I soaked some millet/BR in the poo water and that's what I'm gonna use to start some Pan Suphanburi Goliath. I don't know that I would have really bothered w/ poo, but for the pans it seems like a necessity.

malabar

Dub,
  Nice Shit you have there.  I hope you were prepping that in the garage, or a patio outside! 
  If I tried that in the house, I would be Exiled for life!   -_- 
In any case have fun with it.  You will enjoy the results I am sure!
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

lol, she was @ work... I did it then by design. Dubette, gave me a perplexed look when she opened the door and she knew by the cute look on my face and the "earthy aroma" :rolleyes:, something was up. My gal is laid back like me and we just aren't the fighting type. As long as I stay to my dedicated utensils were okay. She works in an office where her supervisor has a bladder issue :(, she told me I could cook up all the poop I wanted, it's not as bad as the office. I guess I luck out by comparison in that home doesn't stink as bad as her work. Lucky me.

malabar

Dub,
  Though my other half is Very cool and we never fight, that "earthy" aroma might have had me camping out in the yard or my art studio.
  By past experiences I suppose I am not to be trusted to "experiment" in the kitchen, unless it's edible and preferably Food!  lol 
  And since she works in a hospital environment and has earned the title of Lysol Queen , there would be no disguising Anything.
  Life is good and I try to keep it that way.  I have full run of the house, my art/music studio and a lab that I could blow up if I like.  But still, I play with Poo outside.   -_-
  ~Malabar    :mellow:

Davie K

Dub.. i've been working with poo for a while now... Some of the largest mushrooms i've grown have been due 2 the poo.  This was my first experiment http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww137/DavieK/DSCN6219.jpg

with out a casing i didnt get much... upposed 2 casing the poo, like i do now..  The lime deffinitly helps i also mix my poo with coco coir and use dry verm to crush in, taking out the extra water.. it beats leaving it 2 drain for a night.  Poetency increases with poo compared to br/rice cakes.

good luck on your diary..

shroomzer

Haha .. I thought I was the "queen of lysol" ...

dub504

9/26/09
Dear Diary,

You're the queen of boomers, Shroomzer!

Davie, I remember seeing that a while back. What kind of shit you using man?

Ahh, this makes a nice little entry...

malabar

Shroomzer,
  I sorry,....  Can't we all just get along?   :rolleyes: 
Hell, I think I can get by with 2 Queens in my life!    -_-
  And, I'm pretty sure there is enough Lysol to share that throne and crown,...  lol

shroomzer

Oh Malabar .... your wife can have the title .. LOL - I was just sayin' I think we all use the Lysol alot ... just being my smarty pants self!!  But I did laugh out loud at your last sentence... "I play with poo outside"   =)  I'm not sure I could bring myself to do the poo thing, heeheee.  I can't wait to see the results of this pooh adventure, errrrr poo.....

Davie K

I've been using horse poo...  its easier to work with than cow... tho their is a small zoo around here with giraffe's I'm thinking of the old collage excuse of a fungicide experiment to acquire some uh that

dub504

malabar

Yo, Dub,
  Your Shit is Lookin' Great!    

fattrout

i have to agree with malabar, best shit i have seen... :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Here they come, Ban Hua Thanon... Respectin' the powwaa! ^_^

malabar

Dub,
  The powwaa is kickin' nicely too!    Very sweet,......          :ph34r:

Davie K