Pic of the month contest, what if's...

Started by dub504, October 07, 2009, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Just to have a better idea of how we would work this contest and a democratic agreement on rules.

1. Have a picture of the month thread.
2. Members can post their best picture.
     (I didn't know if the contest should only be open to Jr. Members and above or not.)
3. At the end of the month, any member can vote on their favorite.
4. Winner gets "legal" prize.
     (Maybe on rotation a higher up member could supply the prize each month.)

Maybe it's too much work. I don't know. Could be fun too! What'cha think?

malabar

Dub,
  I think you have the makings of a very fun, and motivating event.  Either as a photo of the month, or grow of the month.  Perhaps in different categories??  Perhaps rotating by TEKs??  >>>  PF Tek, Grain Grows, Bulk Spawning, Cubes, Pan,.....
  We whom have been or can and feel motivated can "donate" items related to the hobby to a "central" someone, whom will distribute after the voting is complete.
  I sent a msg to Anno, just for ideas, or his opinion.  I'm sure we can roll our own ball though it will take a little doing to get it in play.
  More time will be the rules, and polotic shit of course,..
What do you say?
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

I like the idea of donations to a central P.O. Box. (Trust issues)
I really think the winner should be the one w/ the most votes. ( One vote per member.)
How would we work an overseas win?

Yeah, 50 posts for Jr. Member. I didn't say that was necessary, but it might be a good idea.

malabar

Dub,
  I suggested a central PO Box, not so much as a lack of trust among us, but I can understand that though Everyone love a "free" Anything, Not everyone wants to go too public,.....  Or get "Gun shy", when the "items" start sitting in the box and the have to be responsible for picking them up, and shipping them out.
  Not being a "flash ass" but I have a couple of PO boxes, and get so much shit in the mail, it wouldn't be anything out of the norm for me.
  But, let's work on this. 
      We Can Do IT!   lol

Deadneck

I like the grow of the month idea. Maybe have a start day/week so participates can get on the same time schedule to have fruits showing up around the same time? I think just the honor/respect of my peers is enough, no prizes need to be awarded, not the first round at least. Just my thoughts....

fattrout

i'm game, but i am going out of town on 10/16, i'll be back on 10/26. so i have slowed my hobby down. because shroomzer will be taking care of things for me. i don't want her to be overwhelmed... ^_^
fattrout

shroomzer

I kind of agree with Deadneck.  No prizes really need be awarded.  Just the respect of fellow growers.  And I don't think you need to be a jr. member or above to participate.  I mean I had done or started my grows long before I got the balls ... weellll errrr ... the guts to finally post a few questions in the forums.  And I am just a cake maker.  Thats all I need for me.  Nothing to difficult or time consuming and not a whole bunch of yeild.  But I'd love to see this contest and the end results of what I see to be some awesome grows~!!  Just my .02

P.S.  -- thanks Trout **whew**

dub504

Malabar, if you are comfortable using your P.O.. I am totally agreeable to that.
Prizes aren't necessary, but I still like the idea. If you want the prize take it if not that's cool too.

The contest should be open to all members.

Rotating teks would be a lot of fun. We could let members know what the following months tek would be, but that may eliminate some members. Maybe just encourage creativity.

This contest should be about having fun, not who has the biggest or the most.

We could just post pics throughout the month and vote either the last week of the month or first week of the following month.

malabar

Dub,
  I am game for whatever the masses would like to do.  I just offered to receive, and ship out whatever, if we go that route.  How about we start things rolling first.  This will give Everyone a chance to get there game together, and perhaps we have a couple of "Growoffs" down the line for prizes or the final grow.
  Besides, I am happy with Shroomzer having guts!  Somehow, I'm not liking the visual of her with "balls".  I like her just the way she is!  Thank you Very much,....  lol     -_-
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

MT

Deadneck

Vag nads sound disgusting.

As with all things/ideas/teks, this "contest" should start out simple and escalate from there. Dub, if you want to act as the proctor and set the guidelines for the first round, that'd be cool. All contests have to have someone in charge, no one better than the man with the plan.

malabar

Dub,
  I agree with Deadneck.  Lead on,.  Oh fearless leader!   ^_^  We await your commands,......  :ph34r:

Davie K

Maybe in the fallowing contest.. prints could be awarded,  i have tons...  but for now, just friendship points.  im kinda excited.

malabar

DavieK,
  I think we are still trying to iron the details out, so keep making those prints!

shroomzer

DUB - nice creativity in your photo in the photo contest thread.  I didn't write there cuz you want to keep the jabber down in that thread.  Lookin' good~!

malabar

I agree,...  A very nice start.   And, I feel good things will be ahead! 
      :ph34r:

dub504

Thanks, that Brazil strain is a lot of work to pick, the fruits are smaller, I think it took about 45 mins to pick and clean them up a little. I thought it might be nice if peeps didn't have to wade through the chatter to see pics. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store!

Helo

I love the idea of contests, even just for fellow members to see and give thier opinions. DavieK's idea is great too, sending prints would be an awesome prize, especially if its a strain some of you guys havent gotten yet. Sounds like tons of fun to me. Hope i can get some cakes rolling soon. Not to win anything, just gettin the shrooms in the end would be prize enough for me, lol. I know you guys will figure something awesome out. Good luck guys! And may the best man/woman win!
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

shroomzer

Haha Helo!!  Don't know if there are any other chicks out there that actually post and put up pics, but I am just an onlooker to the contests.  I don't grow big yeilds cuz I'm a lightweight and most of my friends "inhale" the herbal stuff and I don't do that!!  So onward my fellow dudes  :mellow: