sherbet container

Started by fattrout, September 22, 2009, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattrout

malabar, how thick is the casing layer on those cakes.. i started a new thread so not tread on jabwemet thread... ^_^
i don't have sherbet containers, but i do have some clear plastic containers that may work...
fattrout
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  The substrate going into the qt containers are 1 pt.  I spoon in perhaps a 1/4 " on the bottom, ( which will become the top ), fill in the sides to capacity, and a 1/4 " over the top, ( which will soon be the bottom or base ).
  Since you are not fruiting in the containers, and you will incubate in the dark it won't make a difference that yours are clear.  Chinese soup containers are the same, just clear.
  Be sure that after you wash them, that you wipe them well with alcohol just prior to casing.  But of course you knew that, and everything else you have done with casings will apply until you release them.
  After the release and placing in the FC, mist the hell out of them, just to be sure they will hold enough moisture until they adjust to the tropic aire.  I suppose in the FC, they may be as you treated your BRF cakes.  I don't know for sure since I don't, and haven't done the cakes more than once.  And that was only for the experience this past summer. 
  But, you are a veteran.  I'm sure you won't need too much consultation, but you know I am here for you if you need me.
   ~Malabar   :mellow:

My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

thanks malabar, i think i got it.. i will keep you posted and put up pics as i go. :mellow:
fattrout

malabar

No problema my friend,.......   You 're the man!   :ph34r:

fattrout

o.k. heres my weak cake... :rolleyes:
i just haven't had the time to work on it. i leave for colorado tomorrow i'll be out there for 10 days. looking for my new home (house hunting).. after i get back i'll have plenty of time to play. i will give it another try.. :mellow:

BTW  1st flush, i won't be around to see the 2nd for more...
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  Not bad buddy.  You got the idea and the method downs so I'm sure when you get back you will probably have greater sizes and population.   Though, I'm thinking it may be the popcorn feeding the cake at a slower rate than the Brn Rice or Millet that I use.
  But, I'm sure when you get back you will workout and tweak the process to suit yourself.  Congrats!   Mist it hard before you leave!
  And good hunting!  With the market the way it is you should do pretty well. 
I have a cousin out that way that keeps telling me to invest in something out there.  ( He's a State cop, so you know that ain't Ever going to happen! lol )
   ~Malabar   :mellow:

fattrout

malabar, i agree with you on the popcorn. i'm going to play with that, maybe add some BRF.. anyway thanks. yes the house hunting should go good. we will be looking in loveland area foothill........
fattrout