rue!

Started by jabwemet, October 22, 2009, 08:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabwemet

So I know this topic has been touched elsewhere, but I was hoping some of you with lots of "flight time" could weigh in about syrian rue (or any MAOI), specifically the quality of a half dose + rue trip vs. a regular dose with no MAOI trip.  I mean, other than "it intensifies effects".  I mean... how does the trip quality specifically differ for you?

Last night, for the first time, I took a smaller dose (2.5g) and mixed ground syrian rue with the bowls I smoked... extremely pleased with the results!!  The advantages seem so great to me... conserve mushroom supply... little to no hangover... indescribable visions!  I'm asking myself- why should I go back to taking 4-5 grams?  Maybe you guys have some opinions...

The main difference, for me, was that with the rue + ganja smoking, I could sit with my eyes closed and watch the most amazing, mind-boggling DMT-like stuff.... but if I got up to cook some food, I was very nearly sober.  Well... sober and very happy anyway  -_-.  Also, this is the first morning after where I haven't had to smoke A LOT of pot to deal with the jet lag. 
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

malabar

Jabwemet,
  I congratulate you on your new adventure.  And, I think your experience and description thereof, more or less answers your own question and curiosity.
  Though I don't smoke, I do use the RUE, with similar outstanding results.  Of course I regularly ingest doses Much larger than you, and with that fact, and what you have experienced, let your imagination run wild with the thought of 18g.
  I enjoy going where few men have ever gone before,....   ^_^
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jabwemet

That's what I'm so curious about- does using Rue with, say, 8 or 9 grams give you a preview of where 18g could put you, or is it a qualitatively different experience?  If it is like a "preview", how is the preview different?  In other words, why would you ever take 18g instead of 9g + Rue?

...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

malabar

Jabwemet,
  I am taking the 18g + the RUE.  As for a "preview".  I wouldn't know about that.   
  Even the experience is not something that you can describe.  Every trip I have taken with the larger amounts and RUE have been Very animated, colorful, and unique.  I wouldn't quite compare the experience to any other, such as DMT, Peyote or LSD.  But, not unlike some other tryptamines from days past.
  It's intense, longer than average, and something you will find more personal than your typical weekend adventure.  Truly the Spiritual Experience to share with those that are close to you, or that you Love very much.
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!