PF TEK for dealing and sales.

Started by Psychonaut963, November 03, 2009, 10:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychonaut963

Yo guys, umm i want to get started on my first grow and I am buying 12 wide mouth half pint canning jars, brf ( the one in the little cube thing thats blue and brown ) vermiculite, the cheapest bag thats 4.49, said to be 3 pounds or so. Has anyone bought from the shop on this website? is it a good idea?

Also im looking to make a little money out of this, but as a first time grower ive decided to use the PFTEK even though the rye grain one looks just as simple i dont understand why its more advanced. But would 12 canning jars and the material listed above be enough to produce a decent amount of edibles? Cant i use the cakes over again and regrow more edibles off of the cakes?
Im getting the Z strain because i hear its extremely quick and produces lots of fruits, and it has a low contam rate.
Any thoughts?

cugak

U can start with grains! For how much can u sell 10grams of dried mushrooms?
share international

fattrout

hey psych,
if your getting in to this hobby to make money, forget it. especially if you are doing PF-TEK... you only get about 5gs dried out of each cake, and that can very from cake to cake...
the best thing to do is go in to it as a hobby..IMO
good luck ,fattrout
fattrout

shroomzer

Agree with Trout.  PKTEK cakes won't yeild enough to do any 'business'.   At cake level you just do it for a hobby, like myself to produce enough for me, not to be looking to 'sell'. 

malabar

All I know is,..  The Magic is to be Shared , and ye of large desires are likely to get your feelings hurt.  Nature has a way of breaking your plans, and taking your dreams away!
  I would imagine there would be nothing wrong with recouping your investment, but even the large number I grow, don't cost enough to sell them.   It's more fun to share the love anyway.
    :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Psychonaut963

a gram would be 15 and maybe 10 to people i like. but im expecting my lowest sale will be a half eigth. but im not going to stick with the pf tek, eventually ill progress. but 5 times 12 is 60g so thats decent, im hoping my reading on z strain is correct in how it eats away contam. anyone ever try the z strain?

dub504

If you aren't clean, it won't matter what strain you try to grow. You'll get contams. Some strains are a little more robust than others but none of them will eat contams. If I were you I would at least go with wide mouth pint jars and use grains. I wished I would have just gone straight there from the get go. The reason they say grains are more "advanced" is that you have to case them.

I always find myself sharing them with friends. I guess I'm just not the dealer type.

shroomzer

I'm with Malabar and Dub .. sharing is caring  :mellow:

15 what - dollars?  is that why your name is Psycho(naut963)?

malabar

Psychonaut,
  W/o wishing any ill will, I wish you the best with that profiteering angle.  And hope you reach the goal you seek.
  Be sure to keep some handy for "emergencies",...  legal type and bail  You are in dark waters with the dealing,....
  GL 2 U
   ~Malabar 

fattrout

i have to jump on the wagon.. ^_^ share and share alike..... :ph34r:
i think i always give away more then i keep for myself. but i have alot of happy friends.. :mellow: my weed growing friend share with me so it all works out here.. -_-
10 to 15 a gram, shit its 80 to 100 an oz. here... BTW im not saying its a bad thing to make money on it, its just hard to do... at least for me...
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

If you want to make money, buy 100qt jars, 4 pressure cookers, and make mono-tubs.

PW

jabwemet

$15 a gram sounds a little steep.  Does the market differ a lot from region to region?  I don't think I've ever paid more than $30 an eighth in the southeast.  Though I have paid $20 for rip-off chocolates that probably contained less than a gram but... live and learn.  Glad those days are over  :mellow:!

...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

malabar

Other than my earlier words,....   I think PW hit it on the head!  LoL

Helo

Where i live, 15 a gram is actually pretty reasonable sadly...eighths go for around 40-50. sad huh? whats worse, i havent been able to find any in so long, id pay 50 in a heartbeat. lol
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

psilocybin warrior

malabar

Those prices are ridiculous!  I was in Clearwater Beach, Florida this weekend where the are selling cubes for $1.50/gm.   And, I would have a hard time paying that with all that I know.

Helo

WOW! 1.50 a gram? :huh: sheeeeeeeesh....Lucky you, lol. Ive never paid under 30 for an eighth. EVER :angry: I'd hate to pay 50, but i havent had any for like, 3 years, and i would like to have some for my birthday in a few weeks. so, yea, id DEF pay 50, haha.

P.S. what is the strain that the little action figure (Bruce Lee?) is holding in your avatar Malabar? It looks delicious...  ^_^

malabar

Helo,
  I haven't bought any kind trip since the late 60's.  Hell, LSD, Orange Sunshine barrels sold for a buck if you paid for them back in the day.
  And, I have been growing for years, so I couldn't bring myself to the thought of paying for them. 
  I could wait a month if I had to, from start to finish for a grow to complete!
Little Bruce is holding some Cambodians from days ago!   Thx    ^_^
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

Helo

They are truly BEAUTIFUL shrooms. Yea, i decided to just wait it out and grow my own, lol. I figure it will be alot more enjoyable, and ill have a sense of accomplishment (hopefully!). Plus, ill get to learn some things about growing shrooms, nothing like hands on experience to learn. Any suggestions for a first strain by the way? Im thinkin Malabar, lol, considering its a high yielder under the right circumstances. But im looking for an easy strain to start out with as well. I've read up alot on the strains, but its hard to tell whats a sales pitch and whats real. :huh: Thinking of buying from Ralphsters as well, i read in one of these threads thats its a reliable source for spores. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  ^_^

MT

Ralfsters is an excellent source. As for the strain, I think that all of the cubes are about the same as far as degree of difficulty growing.