100% Cacao chocolate shrooms

Started by Jrice, November 05, 2009, 10:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrice

Hello again everyone. I remember reading somewhere that shrooms made in 100% cacao dark chocolate are more potent, vs chocolate without or low on cacao.  I'm wondering cuz 100% cacao is nasty stuff. my friends are just eating chocolates but i was thinking of taking some rue with mine, would they go OK together?  anyways the chocolates are already made and  awaiting tomarrow night, but it the dark chocolate makes no difference i will not use it anymore.

malabar

Jrice,
  I have only used GHIRARDELLI Milk Chocolate , which is Chocolate.  Not COCOA.    
  As a matter of fact, I'm sure Cocoa, like "White Chocolate" ( which isn't Chocolate either ) has No synergistic effects whatsoever.
  So, since you aren't really eating chocolate with your shrooms, there is no reason why you shouldn't be just fine with the Rue incorporated.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jabwemet

I don't know what the difference between cocoa and chocolate is, but it you were to eat chocolate with your shrooms, you should be careful.  Chocolate is pretty high up on the list of foods to avoid with MAOIs; some kinds of chocoalte are worse than others, I can't remember which... look it up.

It's not necessarily life or death... but I've gotten some nasty headaches in the past from smoking rue when I've had cheese or soy sauce in my system.  The interaction CAN be fatal but I think you'd have to have a pretty large amount of cheese, miso, coffee, chocolate, etc. in your diet, over a long period of time to trigger that serious of a reaction.  I'm sure it's much more dangerous if you are already prone to high blood pressure, but I wouldn't know about that.

But of course... ALWAYS do the research.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

malabar

Jabwemet,
   I won't dispute the information you provide on the "dangers" of chocolate, if only that I have never heard of any true danger., other than to dogs.   A matter of fact, I do know chocolates are advised by some physicans to assist in lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure issues.  Thus making chocolate a "perfect" alternative for those with blood pressure issues, or taking medications to treat such ailments.  But, what do doctors know?  lol
   As for your experiences with RUE
It is a well known that with larger doses of SYRIAN RUE, ( over 5 gm. ) some do experience nausea and I am sure there could be a reaction in the expression of headache.  But, it is not a common occurrence for lower doses.
    **Since you were smoking the product, I might suggest that you were actually smoking RUE, and not SYRIAN RUE.  They are different, and not at all similar in effects.  
  [A matter of pharmocology show that effects of smoking RUE ( leaves ) , will be defined by headaches, nausea, and possibly death.]
  [Syrian Rue is most commonly available in the form of powder or seeds, that are crushed and then Ingested, along with a citrus juice prior to eating your shrooms.]

As to the interactions you experienced, can also be a reflection of your choice in diet at the time, ( IE cheese, soy sauce and whatever else ).    These may and probably contributed to the reactions you had.  If nothing else, you definitely overloaded your system with salts to begin with.
    >>  Thus is a reason many choose to fast , prior to the experience, cleansing the body of fats, salts and certain toxins.
  But, as you said,.... research is warranted whenever stepping beyond you bubble.    And, Not Everything is for Everyone.
   ~Malabar   :mellow:

RUE=  Ruta Graveolens  ( Death )
  Syrian Rue= Pegaum Harmala   ( Open Eye  :wub: )

shroomzer

I always (nowadays) eat chocolate (dark choclolate, ghirardelli 72% dark) with my shrooms.   I haven't had a negative effect yet and had no idea it could be harmful.  Makes no sense to me why.  I however always  get nausiated from ingesting shrooms.  I have not tried an extraction method which was once mentioned.  I always have a really good trip  and once the 'nausia' hits, I take something for it that relaxes me and I'm good for the evening. 

jabwemet

So I just looked over some of the lists of foods that you shouldn't take with MAOIs and chocolate is on the low end of concern.

Tyramine is the problem- it is only broken down by MAO enzymes and too much of it in your system will trigger hypertensive reactions, starting with headaches.  The only major culprits are cheese, avocados and bananas.  Also, refrigerated meat produces a lot of tyramine the longer you store it.

P.S. That's interesting about Rue leaves, I've never even heard of that.  I've only ever used seeds.  I've only had headache with them once or twice; they are quite good to me, I smoke a bowl of them every once in a while and it really clears the head.  Some Eastern countries use the smoke to treat people who have contracted the evil eye.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

cugak

How much grams of rue seeds do you eat?

And can someone remember which topic that was when someone was explaning how to build tropic air humidifier?
share international

shroomzer

Yeah buy it (the tropic air)  ... here ...

www.4littlepets.com/humidifierandairexchangertropicair1.aspx

malabar

Cugak,
  I generally eat about 2.5 gm of the ( ground ) Syrian Rue seeds w/some orange-pineapple juice, to each 15 gm of shrooms. 
  Since I take large doses of shrooms I have never exceeded 5 gm of Syrian Rue.
  Life has been great, and experiences have been Marvelous!
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

psilocybin warrior

Oh god I havnt tripped in so long, 15 grams & rue would demolish me. I can start trippin again in a couple weeks! I cant wait!

PW

shroomzer

Bummer, looks like spammer invasions again =/

malabar

Unfortunately, I think you are right,.....     :angry:
     :ph34r:

Jrice

Well the chocolates were Perfect, didn't upset my stomach in the least bit.  My Rue didn't arrive till Monday so i was unable to dose with that.  So i just took an 1/8 with my friends, the chocolates are the way to go and my molds are little mushroom shapes lol. anyways I'm just waiting for Saturday and I'm gonna take the rue, i got the 10x extract so i was planning to only take .3 grams of it an hour before the mushies. hope it works like iv been reading about!

dub504

Another recipe I really like is magic peanut butter cups. It's basically PB and honey warmed and powdered shrooms mixed in. Then a little melted chocolate in the bottom of a mini muffin tin followed by the PB mix and another layer of chocolate on top. Let it set up in the fridge and chow down.

shroomzer

dub504

It is! I made a big one on Monday, took a vacation day from work!

Jrice

Dub, that sounds like it might hit the spot. i might just have to conjure up this treat this weekend. Just gotta wait it out these last couple days to go by. They are so hard to resist eating i can hardly take it lol.

shroomzer

Good for you Dub..always nice to have a day off to enjoy your fruits!! My mouth is just watering thinking of that yummy treat so I may get adventurous this weekend or possibly next and give it a try!! 

Helo

Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing