Tropic Aire Questions

Started by Helo, November 10, 2009, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helo

Hey guys, I decided to invest in a Tropic Aire. It just seems like it would be a good investment. But, being new at this, i have a few questions, lol.

1. Do i need to purchase a dual output air pump as well?
2. If i need a dual output air pump, how exactly would that be set up?
3. Will i need to buy more hoses for this to work?

I read the post where you guys explain how you have it set up, i just kinda dont get it. Thanks guys.
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

cugak

share international

malabar

Helo,
  You will have to obtain a air pump.  I always advise a dual output pump feeding to a Gang Valve, which leads to the (1) bubble wand, and (2) to the Tropic Aire Humidifier. 
  This will give you separate and individual control of your RH and FAE. 
When you purchase the Tropic Aire, there is generally ample enough hose included that you shouldn't need more.  But it's only about $1.50 for around 8' - 10' pkg of air hose at Walmart stores, where you should fine a nice selection of Aqua Culture pumps priced nicely as well.
  As for the post you are speaking of,....  You're on your own there.
Time for that search function to kick in!
    ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

Yeah Malabar has it .. Trout helped me to set mine up (he's such a good friend =0)) ... but I Know there are different ways of setting them up.  This is the way my FC is set .. that I have a 30 gal air pump with hose running straight to an air wand into the FC with an adjustable valve for FAE and a 10 gallon air pump running to the Tropic Aire with a hose coming out of the TA running to the FC into an air wand and no ajusting valve and my RH is constantly at 99%.  This is the way Trout set me up, and he has one also the way Malabar described. And if Trout weighs in he has several different ways to do it I think, he confuses the hell out of me  (ya know like a mushroom, keeps me in the dark and feeds me shit ... LOL) but he's cool.

malabar

Shroomzer,
  You are always breaking me up!  lol   ^_^
But, the good guy that Trout is,.....  I'm sure he's feeding you the Good Shit!
  Malabar    :mellow:

fattrout

malabar and shroomzer, sad it all. you just need to play around and  get creative..
we set shroomzer up with 2 air pumps. because thats what we had on hand at the time. it works good, so we left it alone.. ^_^
BTW, buy the extra hose. its always good to have extra ho's on hand...lol  :ph34r:
fattrout

fattrout

hey, shroomzer i never steer you wrong..lol
its good shit alright.. :mellow:
fattrout

shroomzer

Well I'd say its grade A shit =)~ .. and I didn't know you kept extra ho's .. what would the wife say !!???  hahahahaa

shroomzer

Sorry Helo .. damn I get distracted to easily ... hope we helped you somewhat in your query as to the Tropic Air systems.

malabar

Yeah Trout,........
  This is the first I'm hearing about the Ho's myself as well.  I'm up to hear the "juicy" details,....
  I AM, allow to watch!  As long as I keep my hands in my pockets!  LoL
Hell,....  Give up the Good Shit! 
I'm sure Helo has enough on his plate for now that he won't mind that the thread got "Hijacked" or took a "Detour"!      :wacko:
  But, it's all good!  And, Life is Kickin'!    -_-
     ~Malabar   :mellow:

fattrout

i was just kidding about the ho's. shroomzer, you know i can barely take care of the wife. there is no way (even though i would like to try) i could take care of extra ho's...lol
i'm happy to see i can still get people excited...
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  I knew you were kidding, and my other half would kick my butt, if she thought I seriously believed otherwise,....  Seriously,...   :huh:
  Some of us are Always excited!  And, for those who can't keep up,....  Well they have a little sumthin, sumthin for that too!    :rolleyes:  Hell, works miracles for those who don't need it too!
  But,......  Life is Great, my brother,.....    ^_^
    ~Malabar   :mellow:

fattrout

"Hell, works miracles for those who don't need it too!"
i have to agree.. -_-
fattrout

malabar

And, You know that's Right!     :rolleyes:
    :mellow:

shroomzer

HAHAHAHA  you boyz crack me up~!!

fattrout

hey helo, sorry we jack your thread..  -_- we will make it up to you.. :ph34r:
we are just having some fun tonite.....
its good to see everybody happy.
fattrout
fattrout

Helo

You guys dont need to apologize to me, hahaha. The reason i joined this forum is because i liked how friendly and personal it is. no worries. Made me laugh anyways, lol.  ^_^

Thanks for the help btw, i get the idea now. was a bit confused as to what a wand was, but i think i get it. o, and i ordered my malabar strain!!!....the wait begins...
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

shroomzer

Alright Helo~!  GL and if and when you can post pics, I love pics (well I think we all do~!)

malabar

OH Yeah,..... Show us the pictures,.......  We love the pictures!      :ph34r:

fattrout

yes, put your pics in the contest... :mellow:
i just took some pics.. not sure if they are good enough for the contest..
five trays i started in oct.. they are on the 3rd flush and i got 500gs wet so far.. :ph34r:
fattrout