substrate mixures

Started by bigfatmouthj, November 14, 2009, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

wondering about different substrates and if other's mixtures might have
more to offer as far as nutrients and better growth? ground flax seed as opposed to brown rice flour? suggestions?

shroomzer

I use BRF/verm on my little cake growing operaton and they come out just as good as Trout's popcorn  ^_^  There's lots of ways, wait till the pro's weigh in. Experimentation -  I see a lot of here~!!

dub504

IMO, grains are grains. I've used dif mixes of grains and haven't really noticed a difference. I guess you want to substitute something else in PF Tek. I wouldn't bother. Whole grains and bulk subs like straw, compost, castings, and manure are probably going to have more nutrients that the fungus can use.
    Here is a substrate formula that claims to be better. Try it out, see what you think.
http://www.shroomery.org/9036/Alien-Substrate-Formula

fattrout

well, i just started a grain mix. i mixed brown rice, popcorn and millet.. 1 part each.
i will keep ya'll post..... :mellow:
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  Sounds sweet!   Something like a Fattrout Moonshine Mix!  lol  That Millet and Popcorn should run through that Brn Rice in no time.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

malabar,  i did 10 jars. i'm just fucking around, i gess i have to much time on my hands right now.  ^_^
fattrout

malabar

I know what you mean.  I had no time to really play for a while, with expanding the studios and all. 
  But, I just knocked a dozed Costa Rica qts, 2 doz pts of Cambo, and another dozen mixed of Malabar/ B+ qts .  I guess I will farm through the holidays, because I'll be kickin' boots with shows after New Years.
  Now, I'm mostly sitting on the outside grows which should Explode next week,...  I hope in time for Thanksgiving!  And this months contest too!        -_-
  Til then, it's all about Maxin' and Relaxin' with those vaccum packed ounces I have been storing all year!   
    Life is Soooo Good!        ^_^
     ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

i'll be taking another trip to CO. after Christmas. till then am kickin it... :ph34r:
fattrout

shroomzer

Shit, does that mean I am babysitting again??? You owe me trout .. you owe me ;)

fattrout

shroomzer, check out the november thread. you baby sat them for 10 days... you are the only one i can trust with my babys.. :ph34r:
fattrout