What to do after cobweb mold infection

Started by herro, November 17, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herro

we use a martha setup and 4 casings got D-slapped by some cobweb mold. the martha is in a closet and it is hooked up to a humidifier. temp/hum were 74/93 at the time of discovery. usings casings w/ 60/40 coir/verm and rye subst. i spray the closet and ourselves with lysol whenever i go into the closet and we also PC our substrate and casing mix. Also, we wear gloves and face mask every time. what are the right steps to take to make sure this doesn't keep happening?

cugak

JUst pressure cook your casing mix for about 45min and youll be fine and clean youre trays with alcohol before you case! And use some bottom casing layer, under youre substrate! O, and clean youre teeth!
share international

herro

i had almost all of that except for cleaning the containers out with alcohol.. they went through the dishwasher though.

is there a problem with running a humidifier in a closet? is the resulting humidity in the closet itself enough to screw the process up?

paging malabar/fattrout...?

MT

I have an indoor greenhouse setup similar to the Martha that you describe. I have been using a humidifier with mine for over a year with no adverse effects. However, as previously noted, you have to keep your equipment clean. I dismantle my setup about every two months and wash everything down with bleach water and set it back up. I also have my equipment set up in a closet. I hope this helps you.

dub504

You know, you can treat cobweb mold by misting the casing with straight H2O2 (3% Hydrogen Peroxide) clears it up real quick!