Mushroom Strands

Started by lun0s, November 25, 2009, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

Hey a shop in my city sells mushroom spores, and has three strands(didn't know there were strands LOL). Just wondering whats the difference of all of them? The strands they sell are EQ, B+ and Argentina

dub504

They're all pretty much the same.

Helo

Dub is right. From what i've learned from everyone, a cubensis is a cubensis. Check out Ralphsters or another good spore site for more info on those 3 strains. They will have some brief descriptions on them.
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

lun0s

Thanks for the reference site (Ralhpsters). Seems either Arg. or EQ is what would be good for me to start cultivating for my first attempt. I still need to buy all the materials :\
Edit; How reliable is ralphsters by chance cause i might order from them. Though how do they expect a money order? Via mail?

Helo

I recently ordered from Ralphsters and i am currently awaiting my spores. I was sent an email after only 3 days (after i sent my money) saying that my spores were shipped. I've read many threads on this forum that will tell you that Ralphsters is VERY reliable. I love the wide variety as well. Quite fun reading up on all the strains. He only accepts Money Orders or Cash. You can read up on his Website for more info about Payment options. I chose to send Cash, completely sure that my order would be shipped quickly and safely. Just keep reading the website for more info. and good luck!  ^_^

Helo

P.S. Yes, once you fill out your order online, it will give you instructions on where to mail your payment. Its quite simple really. Hope this heps and Good Luck!  ^_^

coyoteyogi

Ralphsters = no problems. Prompt. Responds to questions. Fixes mistakes. Good source.

lun0s

Well I will buy locally probably, they also are willing to order specific strands if I ask, I asked them to order possibly Brazaillian (I liked the description on Ralphsters). I have other questsions but I will wait until later today, got stuff I have to do. Plus I will be able to search a little before asking.

dub504

I grew Brazil a few times. They didn't get very big or tall. They were kind of hard to clean because of the size. They do the trick though... :ph34r: I wonder if it was a once off genetic thing w/ that batch of spores.

lun0s

Any suggestions for a strand that could do good for speed growing, and not so many aborts?

dub504

The Brazils fruited like crazy and they do just keep coming. Here are some I grew on straw  http://www.fungifun.org/forum/index.php?topic=1691.20 Any of those strains that that shop sells should be fine. B+ is a winner, I haven't grown the others that you listed. Truth is they all colonize at similar speeds and if you don't drown them you'll get few aborts.

coyoteyogi

I've been having very good results with TAK Mt. strain from Ralph's.

lun0s

Well I just tried cubensis mushrooms last night, was insane so I am definently going to grow my own the next time I want to eat them :D Will be picking up my first spore syringe today at a local shop.
EDIT: Bought the spore syringe, though I can barely see any spores in the water(maybe one ore two black specs I can see in there). Is that normal when you buy a spore syringe or are there lots of spores in that clear water that  I cannot see?

dub504

Spores are tiny. Get sexy, shake em up and squirt em on into some grains!

shroomzer

lun0s

Alright =P Whats a good sized terrarium to use, I'm not really sure how big(or small) I should get tomorrow while I'm out picking up supplies.

dub504

Depends, how much you want to grow. What works for you?

lun0s

I am hoping to maybe grow from 6-8 rice cakes, I am not sure though how high the mushrooms actually can grow, I wouldn't want to have them hit the stop and be stunted.

fattrout

if your lucky you could get some fruits as tall as 10 inchs... but on cakes, (1st time grow) be happy if you get 3 to 6 inch fruits.  -_-
so you should start with a 54qt container or 20 to 30 gal tank...G/L and put up pics!!! :ph34r:
fattrout

lun0s

Thanks, I'm still having a bit of trouble finding some jars locally(don't want to do any ordering on-line right now) that will do, most have lips that would prevent the rice cakes from falling out nicely. I plan on posting some pictures when I get my first flush, 2nd et cetera. Only got the camera on my phone though so don't expect no high quality pictures :P