Cobwebs? take a look at my photos folks

Started by bigfatmouthj, November 26, 2009, 10:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

i took a few pics of my cakes(burmas) and my fc setup, temps around 80-86f and humidity is steady at 90%(perlite/stone bubbler) been in the fc for 2 days now, no pins and cakes are a bit stiff(i live in a VERY dry climate so have to check the perlite every day) also noticed a small ammount of white fuzz and "bubbling" of the surface of the cakes. any suggestions? also if it is cobwebs what is the peroxide/h20 ratio?(lid was removed for pics)

Helo

im not sure what that is, but your FC may be too warm. I think 76 degrees F is around where you want it for fruiting. 86 is for incubation. So the temp may be causing your cake to produce more mycelium. Wait for the Pro's to chime in, they will be able to help you alot better than me.
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

malabar

Big,
  IMO, you are forcing more vegetative growth with those high temps, as Helo suggested. 
  I would suggest you drop your temperatures to the 68F - 76F range.  Cubes are pretty durable and fruit well within this range.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

psilocybin warrior

I don't see any cobweb, cobwebs looks about as literal as it can get. The fresh growth and strands are hyphea and rizomorphs, they are completely normal. Also, drop the temps like malabar said.

PW

bigfatmouthj

ok the temps are a-ok. now the RH is being fussy. maybe branch off the bubbler into a dual bubbler might help? im new to the climate here and the RH
here on a daily basis isnt over 30%. Any suggestions?i could go with a reptile fogger but didnt want to clutter the FC too much. the perlite just isnt holding
enough RH like it should.

cugak

U dont need that bubbler! Just use more perlite throu the whole big FC, good soak and good rinse! About 5 inches! And perlite will work in a day or two, and cover your fc with a foil or something!
share international

dub504

Helo

Since your cakes are already in the FC, I would say just start misting to keep the RH up. Then I would look into trying a new setup like the one dub posted after you harvest these cakes.

bigfatmouthj

So my cakes are still looking the same, and feel a bid hard. they have been in the FC for about 8 days now and still no pins. i have the set up in the livingroom so they are getting plenty of natural light(no direct sun) and the humidity and temps are ok. could it just be the strain? or maybe the source i obtained them from? also DUB... i was checking out the FC setup you suggested and wondered if it would work as well with a tropic air setup?
im just not liking this perlite. its too dirty and too touchy about the right ammount of moisture it wants to obtain. so i bought a nice little tropic air setup.

bigfatmouthj

dub504

Cakes usually are pretty solid... I don't use Perlite or the tropic aire in my FC. I use Hydroton/Geolite whatever you want to call it, with two bubble wands/air stones submerged underneath. My humidity is always fine. I guess you just have to find what works for you. The first time I grew cakes I had problems w/ temp and ended up getting some overlay. I rinsed the cakes off and started getting pins quickly after that. You probably just need to be patient though. After you get a successful grow or two, you'll probably get a little more laid back about the grow schedule.

bigfatmouthj

Yes dub i guess you are right. lol
the set backs of being a perfectionist/taurus/woman=always on alert. hahaha!

MT

Your cakes look OK to me. I have had them take up to eight or nine days before they started to pin. Hang loose and wait.

bigfatmouthj

Well heck! i gave em a quick rinse yesterday and this morning i have many sprouts. thanks DUB!  -_-

bigfatmouthj

another question....since the pins seem to be sprouting from the underneath of the cake, should i flip them or leave em verm side down?

dub504

They will make their way out from underneath... Shit, my mom and sister are both Taurus'.

dub504

Wait a second... Are you my mom? Mommy I didn't know we had this hobby in common. I tried to give you shrooms but apparently you just wanted to grow your own. -_-

Helo

LOL.

"Drivin in my car, livin like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and im a taurus."
ATHF FTW  ^_^

bigfatmouthj