sonic humidifier

Started by moorhS, November 27, 2009, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

Started out making using a large rubbermaid container and hooking up the hoses to run through 3 different bottles to help with the water saturation in the air but was reading different forums about how they are proned to failure and decided to use smaller containers and perlit  with misting. . .  probally will hook up different system soon but was curious if letting the humidifier run in the room if it will help out with rh???   
    hey awesome forum really helped....... first time trying and so far super stoked wait sucks but hopefully totally worth it :)
  Thanks   moorhS

moorhS

oh and also was wondering if I should just trying using the sonic humidifier until it burns up.... or are there any tips to help is stay from burning up, I know I need to have the hoses completely clear and hoses cut at angles going into the 2 litter bottles, but still seems to get warm.... also if im using this method is perlit still recommended  for bottome of FC?  thanx

dub504

fattrout

fattrout

moorhS

k think I'll go with the poor mans pod although I do have 42 cakes so getting a larger air pump to run 3 containers ok???
oh and is the geolite a big deal don't know when i'm going to make it to horticulture store. . ..  have lots of perlit and small rock pebbles that I got at fred meyers would the rock pebbles work for a bottom layer under the perlit or should I just get my ass down to the horticulture store????
Thanx guys

moorhS

lol nobody online??? hmmm well had one most question..... originally i received amazonian spores they where black once you shook them, i just received Cambodian and  treasure coast the cambodian is black (dark purple) and the cambodian is clear..... why such a difference in spore color???? Earth's tongue is where i ordered from seem like reliable company all 42 jard amazonian are looking good with 1 week or less to go. . . . ???? just curious

fattrout

moorhs, a 60 gal air pump should work. you will have to get a regulator valve assy..
so you can control air flow... for the most part you will have to play with it to get conditions right.... :mellow:
perlite is fine, i use geolite mainly because there is a hydro store 1 block away from my house, and IMO it easier to work with.. :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Lava rocks would work fine as well.