can shroom grow w/o spore?

Started by funkyfunia, July 23, 2005, 12:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyfunia

okay, this can be a dumb question but i'm newbie and i wonder a lot.  so in the nature we find shroom out in the woods and animal poo.  Are these shroom got its spore flying from somewhere and landed on there and started to grow? or can we make the enviroment just like out in the nature ( humanity, water, sun, poo ) and expect shroom to grow?

ixitwistedixi

Thats like trying to grow weed without a seed. Or anything else for that matter. The only way you can grow shrooms without spores it to clone the shroom itself, which from the tek on this site i see that it is possible. Try looking at www.shroomery.org as well on teks about cloning but other than that i would advise getting a spore syringe from an online supplier like www.sporesdirect.com or www.spores101.com

funkyfunia

hey thanks, i found out that cali is illegal. problem occured big timE!

psilly

QuoteThe only way you can grow shrooms without spores it to clone the shroom itself, which from the tek on this site i see that it is possible.
[snapback]711[/snapback]

"Give a man a spore supplier, and he shrooms for one day-
Teach a man to clone, and he shrooms for life."

(I think that's from Shakespeare).

Not only is cloning possible, it's also EASY and it requires no additional equipment!!!!  Admittedly, I have a much higher contam rate when I'm inoculating from cloned tissue as opposed to inoculating from spore solution, so there's a lot more spoilage and waste... but man oh man is the price ever right!!!!   :P