poor man FC pics

Started by moorhS, November 30, 2009, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

K have a few different FC chambers done the Poor mans way, also going to try the shotgun FC humidity in FC RH is around 93-95%
Thinking of ordering the tropic air, could I use 1 tropic humidifier to help with the humidity in 3 of the chambers?? only need that extra 4 or 5 % to be optimal right???  oh and I also havn't mixed in any hydrogen peroxide and was reading forums and 1/100 or 1/150 ratio?? just ad straight to water or  do I need to remove perlite and soak inperoxide with water???? thanx. . .
here some pics to help diagnose :) all input is welcome and love ideas to help improve :)
( not sure how to upload to page but here link).....
http://img215.imageshack.us/g/fcpics008.jpg/
(hope I did that link right)

bigfatmouthj

what size pump are you using??

moorhS

I am using 60 gal do I need more holes in to of lid to or any in side I know it says that gasses will be forced out those holes but more holes better???? should I still fan with this technique as well???

moorhS

oh another question came to mind as well is it safe posting pics on imageshack for people to see??? I know what I may or may not be doing may or may not be illegal and was curious if it was smart thing to do or not???? thanx :)

cugak

U can use that pump for two fc. Run one tub in each one but not throu the perlite but in the line of your tray top(horizontal)! U dont need that peroxide! Maybe u have too many holes and use that pump 20 times a day for 10 minutes or soo! And use one fc that has around 90%rh for fruting!
share international

moorhS

shroomzer

I would use Photobucket .. make an account there and the pics you put are not public.  But when you want to put up pictures in the forum threads just copy the IMG code and the picture appears rather than the link.  That way YOU pick and choose what peeps are seeing.

fattrout

moorhs, the tropic-aire will definitely help. it also sounds like you need to plug some holes... for BRF cakes you need the RH to be 99%.. also you don't want that perlite to be too wet.. when the perlite is to wet the water won't evaporate, thus low RH... :mellow:
as for fanning, it can't hurt. if you are running the tropic-aire you don't need to fan.   

"I know what I may or may not be doing may or may not be illegal"
IMO as long as you are doing this hobby for your own enjoyment you should be ok..
but keep in mind big brother is always watching... its just that his plate is so full right now, unless you are being really stupid, he won't fuck with you... :wacko:

fattrout

malabar

Exactly the info I would have passed along,.....   Nicely put Fattrout! 
     :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

moorhS

I only have 2 holes about the same size I put in for the tubbing to fit in on the top.... the one with all the holes in it was for the shotgun method....  anyways anybody know anywhere to get the tropic air I got the link from past forum but I'm talkin about a store I know the things only 13.95 or some shit but shipping is 18.00$ not huge deal but if they sell at like pet smart or something be nice to know :) thanx

moorhS

how do I get the perlite not so wet it's just sitting in the water lol kinda confused u suggesting taking the perlite out and putting down different lava rock then applying the perlite??

malabar

MoorhS,
    Your delima, is not really "rocket science",......  Use a strainer to drain off the excess water prior to introducing it to the FC.
  If you are using the "lava rocks", you won't need to have them both,...  It's either or.
  Check your PM about the "tropic Aire.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:

moorhS

awesome thanx i'll see what my humidity gets up to . . . . . .  I was just kinda under the impression  that you needed  water in the bottom for the air to create bubble, wich in turn creates humidity. . . lol i'm sure glad this is rocket science cause i'd be super fucked. . . . .  this shit for some reason has been a hassle with all the different things that people say that work. . . .  trial and error I guess
   thanks

fattrout

moorhs,  "trial and error I guess"..... exactly!!!!! you got it...... -_-
before you know it, you will be enjoying the fruits of your labors..... :ph34r:
fattrout

MT

Regardless of which methods you try you will make mistakes at first, but with patience and dedication you will be successful. Once you are you will realize that this really isn't that difficult it is just unlike trying to grow plants.

acadam

To tell you the truth I would take your pump and throw that thing against the wall. your best plan is to keep it simple as humanly possible, perlite should be just fine unless you got a big ninja fc. keep it simple Don't stress your self over having the best most sophisticated fc. Simple is is the best and cheapest, thats only my opinion. wish you the best flush, man has ever seen,probably won't happen, somethin to shoot for though.
:ph34r:

psilocybin warrior

Simple is not the best, just gets you by, the most sophisticated fc is the best. But that all comes with experience, a few years at the least. So keep it simple till you're comfortable and capable of movin on up to the east side.

PW

malabar

MoorhS,
    I agree Completely with PW on this one.  With a few grows and errors under your belt you will see the different paths and methods of tweeking to gain the desired results.
  Pack lots of patience, and you will do fine.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:

moorhS

decided on VolcaniStone for my PM FC was going to get the expanded clay pellets but it was 45 for big bag and im a cheap ass ....lol.... k so just curious if I should just strain like the perelite or build up the bottom and have standing water in the bottom like the geolite??? wouldn't ask it's just I have cakes going and trying figure out without having to mess around with it to much.... oh and i'm also using a tropic air as well :) thanx.....

bigfatmouthj

ive got my FC setup with lava rocks and tropic air setup, seems to be holding the RH steady at 97%. I gave up on perlite as it got dirty quick and started to stink. ^_^