Need a good Bulk Recipe???

Started by Mr. NIce GuY, December 01, 2009, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. NIce GuY

and also how long should i soak the kernels  and do i due the same steps like grain. As far as 100g grain/105g water?????????

fattrout

yep, dub504s got it. thats the same tek i started with. then i put a little tweak here and there... :mellow:
fattrout

Mr. NIce GuY

i got one more question you think when i pasteurize my straw/casting would it be OK to put it in my crock pot for two hours about 200 F? Just was checking on my research.

dub504

200 is high for pasteurizing and is pretty close sterilization. You want to stay in that 160-170 range.

Mr. NIce GuY

Thanks alot man, you've been great help i will make sure i show you my magic, when they are finished...

dub504

Mr. NIce GuY

Ok so i pasturized my straw/casting not to long ago and i used a big 22 qt stock pot and kept the temp at a solid 180 in the bag for two hours... just wondering if this was ok?????

dub504

That's a little high, but you might be fine.

Mr. NIce GuY

If i go over 180 what  will happen????

Davie K

if your over 180 you have a chance of sterilizing your substrate.. if you sterilize your substrate your leaving it open 2 bacteria. w. pasteurizing you leave alot of the defending enzymes that will help protect against bacteria outbreaks.  it wouldn't matter if you sterilize, mushrooms will grow but you have 2 be extremely carefull. and sterile... opposed 2 when i pasteurize i work/mix in my spawn in an open cellar w. out any problem of contamination (knock on wood)

dub504

Yep! I've heard people have problems when they sterilize straw.

GGAllin

are there any good written recipes or video tutorials for bulk?

dub504

Mr. NIce GuY

well lets pray to the mushroom gods and hope i am sterile enough, which i am pretty sure i am. But still this will be my first bulk and things are looking very nice. It's been two full days since i spawned them and they are looking for nice. And also did my first g2g wasnt to hard haha. i am still a new guy but this is becoming a really great hobby for me and its just awesome to see everyones progression from step one. Life is truely great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Mr. NIce GuY

Had a really quick and easy question when my bulk sub is fully colonized, and its time to top it with my casing materail. Should i let let my casing 50/50 peat and verm colonise to or should i just put it straight in the fc as soon as i put the casing materail and introduce it to my light cycle?

dub504

Let the casing layer colonize till the myce just starts to pop through in the valleys. Then introduce to your FC.

Mr. NIce GuY

Ok i figured it was just the same as any casing, thanks man you have been alot of help....