Humidity issues and stems with no pinheads????

Started by bigfatmouthj, November 15, 2009, 10:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

So im wrestling with the humidity to stay above 70%, temps holding good at 85 though. but my cakes have sprouted stems with no pinheads. is this due to my lower humidity problems? also noticed a little spot of green surface fuzz. cakes are getting a good fanning of fresh air 3-4 times a day as well. suggestions?

k12357

what type of FC are you using?  the retarded pins are probably due to the humidity problem yes.  ditch the green cake.  you have to get your humidity up, it you have a shotgun fc plug some of your holes until it gets into the 90's also you probably wanna start misting the perlite when you fan.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

bigfatmouthj

FC is clear plastic, good moist perlite,heating pad under set at high. fc gets a good amount of lighting as well. at closer look what i thought was fuzz looks to be light blue bruising. ok so holes are plugged and perlite will get a better misting after fannings.

fattrout

also make sure the perlite is not to wet. just moist, if its to wet the water will not evaporate..
good luck and keep us posted.. :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Your temps are too high for fruiting. It's probably the mycelium vegetating and reaching out. I've seen cakes blue from being too dry. Which is probably the case since the humidity is so low. Get that temp around 74-77 and you'll start getting back on track.

psilocybin warrior

Please, Arnold if your going to quote someone either use quotation marks and cite the source or use the quote function*

PW

shroomzer

malabar

Whew,.....   :rolleyes:    I was thinking I was the only one hearing an "echo" in the room!  lol
  ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

acadam

Take the heating pad from beneath your fc. Room temp will work great. Remember rh is not acheived with temperature. moisture in the air thats it. throw that heatin pad in your closet. and start fruitin some fruits of your labor.