questions about water logged brf 1/2 pint jars

Started by moorhS, December 05, 2009, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

k when I first got the pressure cooker didn't know exacly what I was doing and added a little to much water ended up with 6 heavily water logged jars.... been 25 days  jars appear to have stopped growing mycelium (or however you say it) they appear to be fully colonized but brown subtrate is still visible through out the cake here best pics I could get wait to birth??? thanx...
  Sorry if pics are hard to tell. . . . damn water

malabar

moorhS,
  I'm trippin "balz" right now,......  and Shroomzer is the "Cake Queen", but DAMN, that's ALOT of water!
  I have "older" eyes that are seeing more than the "average human" may, but my gut says, you need to birth those little ones, before it becomes a "Rescue and Salvage" mission!
  You can wait for the "Queen" or others to weigh in since they have "played" with or prefer cakes, and I have Very Limited history there.
  I would just hate to see them start to smother, rot, or otherwise "go south" on you.
  Peace and GL my friend,...
  ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

acadam

If i was you I would birth that cake. But when you do make sure to rub all the uncolinized bottom of the cake away, and I think you'll be alright. GIVEV ER HELL MAN!!!!   :wacko:

shroomzer

To me yes it looks like there is too much water, there usually is some condensation in the jar, but not that much.  Also I believe some of those jars may have some contamination, as those black spots and the substrate looks 'mucky'.  I have had jars look like this before and it had contamination.  What I did was open one of those jars -- away from all the rest -- and give it a smell.  If it smells like fresh mushrooms go ahead and birth them, then rinse them.  You can do the dunk and roll if you want to also.  If it smells like bad apples or stinky feet mixed .. toss them baby's and start over.  Make sure you cleaned well and you discard  the substrate outside (way outside) then clean the jars with alcohol before bringing back in the houise.  By the looks of the pics thats my opinion.   Use less water in your PC and substrate next time.

moorhS

Ya the black spots on them is just where the spore's settled because of the EXTREME amount of water in the jars..... luckily these where the first and only waterlogged jars so all the other jars look more like they should :) and will be ready to birth in a couple days.... I'm also going to put the jars that are waterlogged in a different FC, just encase those wet cakes get contaminated....

hookuh110

First grow here day 6/7 in the 2 bin fishtank heater incubatior. dont have enough money for a PC at this time but i slowly boiled them in a huge pot for well over 90 min. feeling like i may have way too much moisture, there was condensation forming in the bottoms of all my jars on the inside so i happened to be flipping through this thread and was like damn i need to take the lids off thos and let them air out, the holes on the tops of the jars werent very lage persay so i took them off and the lids were soaked with water... good idea... bad idea? i figured the layer of vermiculite on the top would be a source of a lid anyways. :huh: newbee so take it easy i used BRF as well if no one figured. cant really tell if theres colonization either or if the white im seeing is just BRF because i had to make my own using organic BR and a coffee grinder... THANKING ANYONE WHOM IS KIND ENOUGH TO HELP OUT W A YOUNG GROWER! first post so yet to be friend anyone on here but can post pics if someones serious and wants to help! thanks!
All good things in all good time.