casing and RH ?

Started by moorhS, December 28, 2009, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

Just went and bout a digital Fluker"s hygrometer, my humidity is way higher than I thought, at first I figured it was just the Fluker's but I put it in a bag with cap full of wet salt and sealed it for 4 hours.... it read 74% so was practically right on. . .   some of my caps on my casing was turning black so I used tweezers and pulled them because they where looking like they where starting to rot... and a couple of the caps looked like there sliced or not attached ( kinda weird) could this be due to my to high of humidity??? My FC with lava rock, with 14" bubble wand with no water in  it. I put large holes all the way around (except for bottom) to try and lower the RH, I have now even turned off the bubble wand to try and lower humidity... it is at 90% right now and I would like to get it to stay at 87% or so.... so do I just put more holes in the FC? sorry so long guys here's some pic to help.... thanks

moorhS

okay well played around with the gang valve and put couple more holes in top and RH is constant 87% still kinda curious weither the black caps I had and the deformed caps where from the humidity to high.?.?.?

malabar

moorshS,
  I would tend to say, YES,....   However, after those pins show you would like to hold that RH closer to 90%.  I like 92 % myself.
  But, you will find your sweet spot.   Work with it a bit more.
    Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

moorshS, sounds like your on the right track.. :mellow: just keep playing around and you will find your sweet spot.. we all have are little sweet spot, i like to keep my R.H. at 99% until they start to pin, then i lower it to 93-95%...
as for the black cap those are more then likely just aborts. but the deformed ones, if you keep seeing them after you get your R.H. in control, it could just be genetics.. (the spores)...... :mellow: 
fattrout