new fruits looks a bit small?

Started by bigfatmouthj, December 06, 2009, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattrout

big, i don't think you have to completely clean after every flush. just wipe it down with some alcohol... -_-  i do a complete cleaning, of my FCs every 3 month. with no problems...
i'm happy to hear you enjoyed your fruits.. you say they are mild, how much did you eat?  :ph34r:
fattrout

bigfatmouthj

only 3 gms but they were a bit small so i wasnt expecting a big
punch. maybe it was the strain(B+). star gazers and creepers are on the way
though. -_-

fattrout

fattrout

ImAFungi

I thought the smaller the size of the mushroom the more potent it was? I've read that aborts are more potent gram for gram. Is that just with aborts?

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

MT

I don't notice a significant difference between aborts or stems or caps. I believe for the most part it's all the same.

malabar

I concur with MT,.... 
  They are all the same for me.   Though if you manage to harvest the fruits just prior to the breaking of the veil, they Do   contain a slightly larger percentage of psilocibin/psilocin, than after the breaking of the veil.  But, not significant enough that you will notice a difference.
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

ImAFungi

oh okay, i just read it on some forum but wasn't really sure about it. thanks for properly informing me good sirs. :mellow:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

bigfatmouthj

Trials,trials,trials!

so the cakes i cased a few days ago were ready for the FC, after about half the day the FC started smelling like bread?? hope its just the warm Vermiculite and not some unwanted nusance. argh!

malabar

Big,
  What did you do about that "standing" water you had in the FC?
A mild "sweet" bread smell isn't too far off base.  I have witnessed it in the past, but if it is a " molded " bread smell, you may want to smell each casing individually to identify and isolate it.
  The only smell I have had from vermiculite has been a "garden" scent, other than when it's new and dry.  Then it may smell like dust.

bigfatmouthj

yes its a mild sweet bread smell, no more standing water at all in the FC, the 8 cakes were crumbled and now sleep in a foil pan, could be the moist verm maybe? the top of the verm bed had random thick white fuzz patches..but im guessing its the network poping through?

malabar

Big,
  You are absolutely right about the " patches " peeking through.  I would suggest you give them another day incubating, then patch those areas and then off to the FC.  You're on auto-cruise for sure then.....  About 8 days to "Fruit City" !
  I'm still not getting where the smell derives from, but if all of the casings have the same aroma, you may be right about your vermiculite.

bigfatmouthj

So after casing the cakes on the 15th (over 13 days ago)
they have been in the FC since and have no signs of pins or further top growth. only random white patches. temps are 68-72F and humidity is at 97%. FC still smells ok, no foul oders.
whats the time frame for these buggers before i should donate them to the compost? Maybe put them back into warm&dark? at a loss with the batch. :huh:

moorhS

put my casing of amazonians in 50/50peat verm with some oyster and lime, started seeing pinning on the 23rd... u giving them enough light to initiate pinning?? other than that good luck. . . .

psilocybin warrior

How loose is your casing material? Could just be a slow strain, new growth is good! Patch up the new white spots with casing material and carry on with the proper fruiting methods. How long did you let the casing colonize?

PW

bigfatmouthj

i colonized the jars(verm/brf) to 100$ then crumbled them and they sat and stewed for about 4 days. the top of the tray had a nice fuzz across the top but now its gone. they might just be slow i guess. dont want them to get too dry in the meantime. they are not blue at all so i guess thats a plus.

malabar

Big,
  Keep them moist and be sure they are getting enough FAE.
    Malabar    :mellow:

bigfatmouthj

Ah well...after further inspection i discovered the pans of casings had lime green mold under the verm layer. so they are now resting in their new home, the compost pile. (sigh)

malabar

Big,
  Sorry to hear this,......  But cheer up.  You get to take this exam again!   And, the last results Won't affect your final grade!    :rolleyes:
  You will have better results this time. 
It sounds as though they may not have been getting enough air through your casing layer, and perhaps the temps were a bit higher than you might have liked in your FC?   Remember not to pack the casing on,....  drop it on and shake it around to cover the surface.  This way it breaths well.
  If that compose pile is in a good location, nature might correct that molding issue and show you a few fruits anyway.
    ~Malabar     :mellow:

fattrout

yeah sorry to hear of your loss.. but keep working on it, you will get it.. :ph34r: trust me i have sent my share to the compost pile.... ^_^ 
fattrout

coyoteyogi

We all send our share to the compost pile. I think of it as my offering to the gods of mycelium. Good luck with your next attempt. In time, with persistence you will get the results you've been hoping for. I've been having great luck with TAK mountain from Ralphsters.