My first mushies!

Started by ImAFungi, December 10, 2009, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

I decided to post a picture of my first sets of mushrooms. On the keepers creepers, the black stuff on the glass is dried spores i think because its been on there since i inoculated them and it hasn't grown or changed at all.  On the amazonians, theirs one jar to the far right of the picture that has some mycelium but looks like its really moist all around it. Any thoughts on these? Also wondering if anyone else has experienced that really moist looking stuff covering their jar :huh:?

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

lun0s

They look so nice man, good job :)

MT

Hard to tell from the photos. Just remember anything growing in the jars that is not white is not good. As for the moisture condensation this is a normal part of the process and appears to be a byproduct of the colonizing mycelium.

ImAFungi

yea i know, im just going to keep it separate from the rest and see wat happens. im pretty confident its dried spores because its on the glass and its been there before anything else was but i will def watch it. thanks MT

ps i'm finding it very interesting how these 2 cubes are colonizing. i have no idea which one is going to colonize first....
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!