Possible problem with spore syringes I've ordered

Started by Mandingo, December 09, 2009, 04:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandingo

Hello-

I have inoculated multiple rye seed jars 16 days ago with spore syringes purchased from the Sporestore.  I  follow the PF Tek Method.  I'm trying to determine if I may have bought some bad spores.  I also inoculated a jar of rye seed from Ralphstersspores.  Those jars developed Mycelium growth within 8 days.  Has anyone else had a negative experience with sporestore?  I was hoping to benefit from your insight and experience on this.  These are my incubation conditions:

I maintain a sterile environment and follow PF Tek

Incubate in darkness at a controlled 82 degrees  F

dub504

How exactly is it PF Tek? You are inoculating whole grains! PF Tek is Brown Rice Flower cakes!

moorhS

bigfatmouthj

acadam dont say that...i just ordered 4 KC's syringes from them.   :angry:

oh well...wish me luck  :rolleyes:

malabar

Big,
  The man has spoken the truth,....   :angry:  GL, with your results there.
  In the future, use Sporeworks.com or Ralphsters.
They stand behind their products and deliver quickly.
  After you get those fruits, start making your own sporeprints and LC as to eliminate that point of purchase, other than for new strains.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

lun0s

Yeah I plan on reproducing my own spore syringes because at roughly 20$ a syringe I won't be able to afford that since I will be sharing my fruits with my friends and class mates who want to try it XD

shroomzer

I got mine from microsporetech.com - cheap and fast delivery however a limited selection.  Which to me is no big deal as I don't grow in abundance like most everyone here. 

dub504

Shroomzer, I love your grows ;) when I get to see them ;)  ^_^ My next grow is still just a twinkle in eye. The strain starts with m and ends with r. I'm just waiting on my third flush from the award winning bunch.. :ph34r:

malabar

I have my eye on you Dub!    LOL   ^_^
     :ph34r:

shroomzer

AWWWW DUB ... **blush**  I am hoping to start another grow here soon!  Maybe I'll have something to show ya .. ;)

purpleprint

Yah, Dont get your spores from the sporestore. I hear complaints about them all the time. probally the most out of all the others. I hear that they even use a fake e-mail address so as to not be able to contact them.

coyoteyogi

I have a BRF cake that is 90% colonized with a spore print I took of a malabar fruit. If it makes it and produces, it will be my first ever full cycle grow. The strain was chosen in honor of a certain poster.

malabar

Coyoteyogi,
  Cool running my friend,.....    :rolleyes:   It's great to see you completing the "full" cycle, with the Malabars!     :ph34r:
  Though, I'm starting to feel I need to be ordering a "scooter chair" or "hov-a-round",...... 
Like I'm being retired or something!    -_-    lol    But, I supposed being honored while I'm still alive is a  Good thing though,....  Life is Great! 
  Thx,...  I appreciate your efforts and wish you the best of luck with the grow.  You'll enjoy them.  For sure,....   
   ~Malabar     :mellow:

Helo

lol, I did the same thing coyoteyogi, got 2 syringes from ralphsters. Malabar and Dancing Tiger <sounded cool, and never heard of anyone tryin to grow them>. So, I think its safe to say that Malabar <the poster, not the mushy> has quite a bit of influence.

Retire Malabar? Blasphemy.  ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

malabar

Helo,
  Thank you,...  thank you Very much,.........   :rolleyes:   I feel blessed to be honored in this way,...  Very Cool of you all!  I hope you all enjoy your grows and the fruits.
    Life is Good!     -_-        Live Long, Share & Prosper
  Now if someone will help me find my hat,......  so I can continue to get my trip on,....   lol 
  Enjoy the night,.... all of ya! 
      ~Malabar    :mellow:

dub504

At least you'll still be able to see the Grand Canyon, malabar. Paw paw's got the coolest chair in town!

malabar

Thanks son,.....   ^_^ 
  And of course I'll have a great seat!    I pilot a "Hybrid Mothership"! 
    Life is Great!     -_-
          :ph34r:

ps, They even let me tow my Harley!   :mellow:        Follow me if you dare,......   :wacko:   
"Find it, Share it, Keep it,.....  Grow it,...."
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WlqVhZUMQDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WlqVhZUMQDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

**  And later, for my fellow Insomiacs, ...... 

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2npwyVkcI9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2npwyVkcI9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>