Overlay after dunking my casing.

Started by iloveshannon, December 09, 2009, 07:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iloveshannon

Was i supposed to scrape off my verm casing layer then dunk then recase? i simply dunked let dry and put it in fc. now it seems overlayed with fluffy mycelia.  i have it in a bowl with clear sides since i took off the foil around the bowl to hopefully get side pins. is there any way to save this casing or am i doomed? and random but is 2g dry of aborts a good trip?

dub504

2 grams is 2 grams... Did you just use verm to case with? Pics really help.

iloveshannon

Yes i did, and no camera, but was i supposed to scrape the casing layer then recase after dunking or what?

cugak

Hey , whats up madafucker! Still in haus arrest! So what, you have brf cakes that you cased or you have cased grains! And you dunked casing!
Speak to me!
share international

iloveshannon

Ya lol, but i crumbled 1/2 pint cakes of brf/verm. also ive knocked up 8 more jars by  transfering mycelia from one jar to 8 others. can this be continued constantly or does the myc get weak after a while?

malabar

iloveshannon,
   You have just performed your first g2g transfer.  Congrats.
Typically, if you repeat this task within the first 5 days of regrowth, ( after g2g ) you can think of up to 30 events before noticing any weakening of the genes. 
  A way to ensure the strain remains viable and resistant to failure is to rotate the substrate you are transferring to.
  If you are using Brn Rice, after your 2nd or 3rd event, transfer to Rye, Popcorn, Barley, Millet, WBS or whatever you have available,........ At least for a few more events, then rotate to another source grain. 
  Your strain should remain viable and active following this methodology.
    ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!