Brand new to the site, have some questions about my mushroom

Started by ImAFungi, December 08, 2009, 10:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

Me and my bud inoculated 10 jars about 2 weeks ago. We used Psilocybe Cubensis Amazonian on five and Psilocybe Cubensis Creepers. This is my first set of mushrooms and everything seems to be going alright. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with these strains. Thanks :ph34r:
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

MT

Welcome to the forum. I have not grown either of those strains, but you will find that there isn't a noticeable difference in any of the P. Cubensis strains.

malabar

IAmAFungi,
  Welcome to the forum, your new hobby and GL.  I like many others here have grown the Amazonians and Creepers.  But, as you will soon learn from/by experience, that cubes are cubes,....   ( Just as MT stated )    ^_^
  The growth parameters are all very similar if not identical, though some do have their particular gene traits or minor "challenges" along the way,....   
  Enjoy yourself and again, GL.
     ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

ImAFungi

Thanks for the info malabar and MT. I started out with the cubes because i heard their fairly easy. I guess it will be kinda of interesting to see the small growth diff between the two. :/

Wat are some good visual mushies to grow? have any good projects goin on malabar?

malabar

IAmAFungi,
   Everyone becomes their own judge as to the results,.....  Some have great visuals on one particular cube, whereas another claims they have none.  So, experiment, and you give us your report.
  As for my projects,.....  I have a couple of 12' x 12' plots in my yard that I hoped were going to storm last month, but the weather has been going crazy .  I'm in Florida, and last week it was close to Freezing for 3 days with rain, then 4 days in the 70s and dry,...  Today it's 85F, and talk of heavy rains tonight, followed by 40 degrees through next week. 
  At least indoors, I have the Cambos, Costa Ricans, Malabar, B+, and GT pinning. 
  I have just been Really slammed with work and the holiday stuff, that I haven't had lots of time to play in the lab.   And, with the New Year coming,......  It will only get busier! 
  But, Life is Good!    -_-
    ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

ImAFungi

Yea i def plan on experimenting with them and giving a report. Ill probably start posting pictures as well.

Thats pretty rough about the weather, it'll get ya man. Could be worse, we got alittle snow up here in missouri. But I'm sure you'll have fun with those indoor projects you have going and hopefully you can play in you lab alittle bit as well haha.

GL man,
         ImAFungi :ph34r: