Panaeolus Cyanescens

Started by andres, December 14, 2009, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

andres,
  The bluing on mycelium is a general indicator of either bruising, or lack of moisture.
  You said you were thinking of injecting some sterile H2O into the mass,....  So the results were??
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

andres

I did inject the jars with distilled water and the growth sped up considerably.  The bluing is still there, but it's a lighter blue... I'd say all jars are fully colonized now, maybe five out of six... I'm going to wait one more week and then case them... should I submerge them completely in water for an entire day before casing them?

malabar

andres,
  Excellent news!    ^_^   Unless you were going to fruit them as cakes, or in the jars, I would have thought you would be spawning to a larger media.
  If you are going to case, I would suggest you crumble, and case.  Then mist them well, and incubate in the dark for a few days before attempting to fruit.
  GL
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

andres

I'm a first timer and so more than open to suggestions.  In fact I'd love some advice.  It sounds like you would fruit them as cakes or in the jars, whereas I thought casing was necessary with pans... Considering the first stage (colonization) has been rather problematic, what would you suggest is the safest way to fruit?

dub504

I think you should case them. I'm pretty certain pans need to be cased in order to fruit.

psilocybin warrior

andres

I failed miserably - no fruiting at all.  There's several things I may have done wrong... anybody know of a good simple idiot-proof tek for pans?

dub504

Next time start from grains then spawn to straw/castings, or straw/manure. Case that and you are on your way.

dub504

andres

thanks so much for your advice dub, I hope to be posting some pics soon.