Fungifun - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fruiting Chamber  (Read 5504 times)

lun0s

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fruiting Chamber
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »

Eek I don't want that, I read that I could put my colonized jars in the fridge until they are ready for birthing, is this indeed true?

malabar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »

Lun0s,
  You can indeed slow, or retard the colonized jars in your fridge safely for up to a few weeks. 
  But, remember the fridge is a breeding ground of contamination's,..... molds, fungus and nasty bacteria. 
  I would wrap them with a paper towel, place them in a storage baggie, and repeat the process, ( double baggie ) for each jar.
   Better safe than sorry,....
  ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

lun0s

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 03:34:45 PM »

heh thanks for the suggestion. I just hope what I'm paranoid about on my one cake isn't a contaminate. If it is would it be full blown able to see by full colonization? Or could mycellium actually take over that spot and cover it?

malabar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »

Lun0s,
  Contaminates are much like an infection.  Given a weakened state or the  opportunity, ( the environment you make available to them ) allows their dominant nature to overrun the mycelium within controlled environments.
  In indoor grows, it's Very rare to have mycelium survive a hostile invasion of contamination.
  Most times you will have indicators long before you see contams, ( smell is a biggie ).
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

lun0s

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

Thats the thing guys, when I disposed of my contaminated cakes they ALL smelled like mushrooms(they all had green mold spots). But least its nice to know that if a jar is colonized the mycellium won't cover up the contaminated area.
Pages: 1 [2]