Fruiting almost fully colonized cakes

Started by LifeCopy, December 17, 2009, 09:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeCopy

My cakes have taken nearly two months to almost fully colonize. I jumped the gun and put them in the Fruiting chamber. I didn't dunk. No contaminants as of yet. Its my first grow and I just got impatient, but I'll accept the consequences whatever they may be. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience having success fruiting 95% colonized PF cakes. >>>>>>> Also started My first batch of Rye jars Followed RR's Rye Tek. Jars all looked good. I Inoculated them 4 days ago Temperature may have been too low( I Just put them in an Incubator today), but there is no sign of mycelia growth, also no visible contaminants, Not visibly too dry or too wet, and No broken seed( My Rye berries are indeed organic) Any feedback Is greatly Appreciated! 

cugak

Its important that cakes have been soaked, otherwise if they are too dry, youll get very small shrooms!
share international

MT

If you dunk and roll your cakes after birthing you will get much better results. If you are impatient you need to find something else to do to distract yourself, maybe carry on with your life as normal for example.

psilocybin warrior

I've fruited PF-Cakes that were 90%+ colonized, you should be fine. After the first flush be sure to dunk.

PW

LifeCopy

Hey thanks for the feedback. The cakes are doin really well and I'm starting to see pins. I damn near cried when i saw the little guys pokin out to say wasup. I was simply in a state of shear relief. Not that my advice matters but just for the hell of it if anyones getting the itch to fruit  their cakes before there done, save yourself the stress and worry, let em get strong. I got lucky I think and I'm stoked because of it./Volumes/NO NAME/DCIM/102_PANA/P1020154.JPG