What does one do with a pan full of mycelium....

Started by Azurascender, December 25, 2009, 10:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azurascender

I have about 3 quarts of fully colonized grain sitting next to my fruiting shelf in a pan that I decided not to case. I can't keep the culture alive now cus it's too late for a GTG transfer, it's been exposed to open air with a large surface area. I also can't introduce it to pasteurized straw cus I simply don't have the access to it. I don't have room in my fridge to simply freeze the growth so preservation is out of the question as well. I guess my dilemma is that this stuff produced like a champ and I don't wanna waste it, I just have no room in my usual spots. What does one do with a pan full of mycelium that he can't case?  :huh:
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

psilocybin warrior

Go buy a little rubbermaid and make a little monotub.

PW

Azurascender

How long do you think I can get away with shaking the grain before it runs out of juice to keep re-colonizing?

psilocybin warrior

A couple weeks is pushing it IMO, unless you want some *special* children.

PW

Azurascender

I notice the rhizomorphic formations getting weaker every time it re-matures...
I have another problem. My casings are being colonized slower than usual and a couple of the pans have some competition already and the first flush hasn't even come yet. The temp has been averaging 69 degrees which I know is a little low, but could this be the cause of my new problem. I am working in a pretty clean area too...

psilocybin warrior

The temps could be the culprit to the slow growth, but not the comp.

PW

malabar

I agree with PW.  It sounds like a temperature issue.
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!