grain bags/jars

Started by bigfatmouthj, January 05, 2010, 08:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

Wondering if anyone has a link/links for a good site that sells sterilized grain bags that dont cost an arm and a leg, I have issues with preasure cookers so its easier just to order them i guess. a pal of mine use to offer autoclave jars but he has moved. so i guess im ordering. also wondering why no one here offers sterilized grains? using paypal and such? could that be possible? :huh:

cugak

I can sell you some sterilized and inoculated one liter jars!With hawaii strain!
share international

bigfatmouthj

are you in the usa? how about just sterilized grain bags?

MT

You can't really know if products that are advertised as pre-sterilized really are or if anything may have contaminated them during shipping. Making your own grain jars is really the best way to go. I don't know what issues you have with pressure cookers they are really easy to use and safe as long as you read and follow the instructions.

dan

I have had trouble with my substraight in the past so I was also looking for pre sterile grains,  the jars all the websites sell are so overpriced its disgusting but you can get a grain bag with 2 1/2 pounds of rye sterilezed for about $20 depending on the shipping.  I have used mycopath a few times and never had an issue, got my stuff in about a week or 10 days.  I know his website was having some problems recently but if you email him off the contact us link from his site he will make it up for you.  Hope this helps