Bail in a bag

Started by Davie K, January 06, 2010, 12:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

im attempting to do a worm casting/ straw culture.. tho w/ out going to a farm for the straw i saw.  Bail in a bag, of chopped hay for horse feed at the tracktor supply store..  its only 12$ an supposedly a hole bail of hay chopped up in a bag..   Any one object? w/ good reasoning?

dub504

You have to use straw, not hay. Straw is golden in color and hay is more green. Hay also tends to contaminate. Hobby/Craft stores like Michaels' have a few inexpensive dif sized chopped straw bales. Otherwise feed stores will have it in bulk.

malabar

Or you can cop a full bale of straw at Lowes for $3.00.  But, Dub has it right,..  That hay will do you No good!   Only headaches and heartaches,...... 
    :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

texshroomer

I know of a friend that grows straw or watever but when i asked him to gimme some straw. HE said," you mean like hay" I said "nah, straw" then he siad " thats what hay is" IS he just a dumass farmer or are they basically the same thing

dub504

Unfortunately they are not the same thing, that would make it a hell of a lot easier if they were though.

malabar

So right you are Dub!    -_-

Davie K

a buddy of mine owns a farm so i guess ill just bother him for some fresh chop.   Im  goin 2 attemp to recreate a grow report from shroomery..  http://www.shroomery.org/8388/Bulk-Neglect-Report

dub504

The deeper the sub the bigger the cubes! ^_^

malabar

Dub,
  And you know thats Right!    ^_^
    ~Malabar    :mellow: