Spore Print

Started by moorhS, January 07, 2010, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

Just took my first spore prints (6) in all, hopefully I did everything right seems to be pretty easy... instead of doing it on paper I did it directly on the tin foil... I would post a pic of them tomorrow when they are done :) hopefully I can get a print like fattrouts :)

malabar

Perfect!  Just be sure to wipe that foil down w/alcohol before you start, and you should be in business.
    :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

bigfatmouthj

Is it feesable to use a sterilized glass pint jar, make the print inside the bottom and then simply fill with sterile water for syringe inoculation method?

moorhS

yes... that is what I was going to do but I still have a 20cc Cambodian I'm going to inoculate tomorrow... but I don't have any sterile syringes so I took prints...

malabar

Big,
  Along those lines,......  I fill a 1/2 pt jar half way with distilled, with a "+" shaped piece of copper wire suspended over the top.  Cover it with aluminum foil, then PC for 45 mins.
  When I am ready to collect the spores, I place the cap in the center of the "=", and cover the jar with a bowl for 12 hours or so, allowing the spores to drop into the water.
  Afterwards, I remove the bowl, cap and move the suspension around until it is well distributed in the water.  Then draw the liquid into my syringes.
  Instant Spore Syringes of my best specimens!
Of course I am performing all of this within a glovebox/hepa filter system!
  I hope this helps you.
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

moorhS

Shit forgot to ask where's a good place to get syringes??? feed store maybe? not sure

malabar

MoorhS,
   No idea,...  Sorry. 
My other half works at the Mayo Hospital, so I get them for free and w/o shopping.  But I do believe that most of the sites that you are buying spores from, will supply you with syringes.
  Malabar    :mellow:

dub504

You could sterilize your old syringes in the PC.

malabar

Thx Dub,.....    :ph34r:
    Lots going on here, but I guess I kind of dropped the easiest ball.  By all means,.  Recycle those syringes.
   Sometimes it's hard to remember some of the "little" things you just do naturally,..... 
  Or maybe it's "Brain Freeze" from this Global Freezing going on here in Florida!    -_-
  ~Malabar    :mellow:

dub504

So cold on the Gulf Coast as well (Gonna get another hard freeze tonight). My place is so poorly insulated and the FC is running @ 68 deg. I don't think I can get it any warmer right now. I just put my super cake in there (pics later).
Cheers,
dub

moorhS

thanks guys good luck dub...

malabar

Dub,
  I know what you're feeling!   :angry:  My house is Comfy, like Puerto Rico, ( 78F ), but I suppose my outdoor grows are in a Coma, which may be a good thing,.....  Hell it's 27F here, and expected to be that way for the next 6 days!  Then it's back to 80F on Friday next week,...?  We hope!
  WTF did I move to Florida?  For the "cold", perhaps the threat of, snow and sleet?  Talk to my peeps in NY, and it's almost the same weather,.. minus the snow.  So Far.   :rolleyes:
  Life remains good, and as you can tell I continue to enjoy my Indoor fruits.       ^_^    ( Trippin Bawlz, as usual now! )     :ph34r:
On a brighter note,.....  Spoke with Fattrout, and it was only 40F in the S.F.Bay area, Friday.  So, who knows, he and Shroomzer may get snow rather than us!
  Hang in Bro, and Ride High! 
   Life is Great! 

~Malabar     :mellow:

bigfatmouthj

Dub....noticed you said you had a "super cake" going? Not sure if i its anything like this but i just expeimented with a cooking bag Vm/BRC mix (about 12 half pt jars worth of mix) and innoculated them this morning and they are toasty and sleeping. Cant wait to see the outcome!