Food DeHydrators???

Started by ImAFungi, January 12, 2010, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

Since I just cased my first batch of my fungi friends I was wondering about how I was going to dry them out. I decided that buying a dehydrator was probably the easiest. I have no idea which ones are good and which ones are pieces of crap :huh: I was wondering which dehydrators you guys have used? Any feed back is much appreciated.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

psilocybin warrior

I believe they're all generally about the same but, if you can, find one with a temp & air flow controller. If not, it really wont make a significant difference.

PW

malabar

IamFungi,
  By all means shop around a bit.  But if you happen upon a Bed, Bath and Beyond or seek out one of the online locators, you should be able to get a good price on one of the Nesco dehydrators.  They make an excellent "expandable" snackmaster for around $50.00 or so, w/temperature controls that start around 90F degrees.
  ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

ImAFungi

Malabar, just as I was looking at a Nesco Dehydrator I read your post. Think I might have found one that almost exactly fits your description. Its not a snackmaster but it have temperature controls from 95-100. Sounds pretty good for me. Thanks for the advice PW and Malabar.

-ImAFungi

dub504

I've got a Nesco dehydrator. I like it, but the shrooms do tend to get squashed. I guess that doesn't matter anyways. My stomach doesn't care what they look like.

moorhS

I have a excalibur and it's like 20 years old works awesome goes down to 85f...

ImAFungi

haha good to hear people have good experience with the nesco. No to worried bout it being squishy, I enjoy the taste ^_^ 

-ImAFungi

dub504

A friend of mine uses an Excalibur for bud, he really likes it.

shroomzer

Yep good 'ol BB&B~! The Nesco works wonderfully and is temp. controlled.  95-150 but I keep it on 95.

dub504