Incubator trouble

Started by ImAFungi, January 12, 2010, 07:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

Hey everyone, my heating device for my incubator heated my casing up way to high. I cleaned an area and took the temp and it was reading 101! I didnt kill of my babies did I? I read somewhere on the forum that once it reaches 100, it kills them.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

MT

That doesn't sound good. I always try to keep mine at about 75 Deg. F. Usually about room temp. As for your "babies" you will just have to wait and see what happens. You might get lucky. But you definitely want to move them to a cooler location.

ImAFungi

Already moved it to a cooler place and letting cool back down. I hope it makes it through. Just gotta wait and see I guess : (.

-ImAFungi

coyoteyogi

In the wild, mushrooms are used to tropical conditions. A cow paddy in Texas at noon is well over 100 degrees. You should be fine since you've adjusted the conditions to the more optimum range. It just may take a little longer. I had jars once that I placed directly on a heating pad and they stopped growing 1/2" from the bottom. Once I lifted them off and they cooled they completely filled the jar. So good luck and keep posting.

ImAFungi

Wow that's a big relief. I have the temperature back down to around 80. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to bounce back. I don't think it was at that temperature for very long. Thanks coyote. :mellow:

-ImAFungi