big fc any help great appreciated

Started by shroombros, January 11, 2010, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shroombros

ok i tryin to build a fc out of a old fridge is that going to pose as a problem? i want to be able to throw trays of casing in there and let them do there thing;..... can this be done or is it a bad idea?
if so should i mount the lighting fixture on the top or the side?

fattrout

wow, an old fridge.. i guess you can make a FC out of anything! as long as you have RH,FAE and the right amount of light...
good luck and keep us posted. hay, we would like to see it when your done...  :ph34r:
fattrout

fattrout

BTW, the light should come from above...... :mellow:
fattrout

bigfatmouthj

Hmmm....my neighbors have an old fridge outside, this post has me thinking!
could be a pretty sweet FC for azurescens. Post up some pics when your FC is done. Make sure to bleach that sucker under the panels where mold likes to grow  but cant be seen.  -_-

psilocybin warrior

I wouldn't feel comfortable using one for the reasons bigfat stated. Actually HOW old is the fridge? like 3 years? or 20 years? where has it been stored? is it clean? how are you going to handle RH and FAE? there a lot of variables to consider before throwing all your eggs into one basket.

PW

shroombros

thamks on the info the fridge is around 10yrs old i would say but in great shape all the seals are great and so on ive cleaned it thouroughly with every disinfectant on the face of this earth.... so if i decide to case all of my babies one light from above should be enough??? any sugestions on the wattage of type of light?? im from the south west and its kinda cold..... do you think if i put a lightbulb in the bottom drawers under my perlite conected to a thermastat that it would keep the ra and temp perfect for them

dub504

Man, I tried to clean a fridge after Katrina. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever done! There were maggots in the smallest of the small crevices. (very barf) The fridge never worked right after that and kept a nasty stench. It was better to throw it out!

MT

If you want a bigger FC buy an indoor greenhouse from a lawn and garden supply on line. They sell for around twenty dollars on most sites. Very easy to maintain and not nearly as bulky as a refrigerator.