Wooot

Started by Helo, January 14, 2010, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helo

Wish me luck guys. Just knocked up 12 Jars. :wacko: 6 Malabar and 6 Dancing Tiger. Have them Incubating at a nice 80 degrees F right now.

Thanks for everything guys, couldnt have done it without all of your help.  ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

dub504

MT

Hope everything works out for you, good luck!

moorhS

u knock up grain or brf???

fattrout

can't wait to see the pics... G/L  :mellow:
fattrout

Helo

BRF and Verm. Makin some cakes... ^_^

moorhS

Good Luck Helo.... I knocked up 8 jars Cambodian yesterday and 8 more today the race is on :)

ImAFungi

I just knocked up 7 jars with some left over amazonian I had. GL everyone :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Helo

sounds good moorhs...ill see you in the Feb. photo contest hopefully. Looks like everyone is knockin somethin up right now. :wacko:

in all seriousness...i just hope somethin grows, lol...  ^_^

Good Luck Everyone!  ^_^

shroomzer

GL .. mine are in the FC just starting to pin~! =)

ImAFungi

Nice Shroomzer! I have 4 pint jars of amazonian's in casing. Hopefully a few days from the FC.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Helo

Just a little update and a question or two. The 12 jars all seem fine so far, no funny smells, no odd colors. The good thing is, i see my first signs of mycelium!  ^_^

The 6 jars of DT (dancing tiger) are already showing thier first signs after 4 days (awesome). The Malabar are a bit slower it seems, only 2 jars have a slight bit of growth. Def less than 5% for the 2 Malabar.

First question is, has anyone ever tried the DT type of mushy? I didnt find any info about it really. Just wondering what results you guys got from them.

Second quetion is, is 4 days fast for jars to be at about 10%? It seems to be pretty quick at colonizing considering its only been 4 days and all 6 jars are at least 10% colonized.

Im just wondering, and trying to keep myself occupied so as not to mess around with my jars...being patient is tough, lol. But, thanks to you guys, i have my first signs of growth and no signs of contams. Thanks again for everything guys. Hopefully if all goes well, ill be able to donate some spore prints.  ^_^

fattrout

hey Helo, sorry but i have no experience with DTs. but i'm sure somebody has.

Second question, your good. differant strain move faster then others.. also depends on how much juice you gave them. :mellow:
fattrout

coyoteyogi

:mellow: remember, the fewer times you interrupt their growing cycle by exposing them to light, the faster they will colonize the cake. I know, I know it's hard to just leave them in the dark. That is the best method. Good luck with your grow.

Helo

It's killing me Coyoteyogi...KILLING ME!  :angry:

I've been good all day today though, I haven't opened my incubating chamber once! I'm going to leave them alone for today and check them tomorrow. I'm just so damn excited.  ^_^

Thanks again for all the help guys. And thanks for all of your support. It's been easy with all your patience and guidance.
  ^_^

MT

After you have completed a few successful grows you will relax and not be quite so impatient. It's hard at first for most of us because we have never grown or seen anything like this growing in controlled conditions.

dub504

moorhS

ya I get like a little kid at xmas time , especially if it is nice flush :)

Helo

It's definently awesome watching the mycelium spread throughout the substrate. Even though only the DT's are colonizing (the Malabars seem to have stalled or stopped), it's still amazing to watch the 6 jars. It was great watching it on video, but it's so much coolor seeing it up close. The DT's are colonizing pretty quickly too, they seem to be really agressive, which is cool because I get to see alot of progress every day. I can't wait to birth them. The suspense is unbearable...  :wacko:

The best part of watching the mycelium grow is seeing ALL WHITE. Green may be my favorite color, but not in this case, lol. Good Luck on your grows everyone. Hope to see you in the February Picture Contest!   ^_^

MT

Sounds like you are well on your way. Hope you have continued success.