Peanut Butter Cup Pictorial

Started by dub504, January 14, 2010, 06:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Mardi Gras is coming soon and some friends of mine tend to get hungry. These should make the multitudes of parades a blast and the floats even more colorful. I found this recipe on mycotopia a while ago. There were never any pics so I put this together. I also doubled the recipe. It's a great one and oh so tasty!  ^_^
Thanks jt007m, the original thread is here.
http://forums.mycotopia.net/feasts-food-drink-tea-mushroom-dosing-magic-extracts/26238-jts-shroomie-peanut-butter-cups.html

12 Shroomie Peanut Butter Cup

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
24 grams powdered shrooms (1.5 or 2 grams per cup works fine)

Keep the temperatures as low as possible for both mixes.
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate with butter and oil, stirring often, just until melted, less than 1 minute.

2. Melt peanut butter and honey in microwave for less than 1 minute. Stir in the mushroom powder. You might need to stick it in the microwave for another 10 seconds if it stiffens up while you're mixing. (It should stay pretty pliable though)

3. Coat a small cup muffin tin with cooking spray.Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each muffin cup.

4. Once mixed evenly, weigh the PB ball and divide that number by the number of treats you are making. Make smaller flattened PB balls and lightly press into the chocolate in the muffin cups.

5. Top with another tablespoon of chocolate.

6. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes or until hardened.
You can wrap them in wax paper (like peppermints) and store them in a Seal-A-Meal sack in the freezer until you're ready.
7. ENJOY!!!
-dub

moorhS

that looks super yummy... think I will try that the need a little change from the tea and that look DELICIOUS!  ^_^ awesome post dub

MT

Cool recipe dub, looks very tasty. Recently I have been mixing mushroom powder int a glass of chocolate milk but I think I Will give this a try. Thanks.

fattrout

F'n A!!!! i'm going to cook some up tomorrow night.... :ph34r:
fattrout

malabar

Cookin' Good "Dub Crocker" !
      :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Helo

Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

dub504

ImAFungi

I think I might just have to try this recipe for a mardi gras treat for me and my friends. Looks quite delicious! ^_^

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

moorhS

I've always wanted to go to mardi gras and almost did one :( sounds like a blast though :)

shroomzer

Looks so yummy.  My diet can't take all the sweets though ... Good job "Dub Crocker" =)

coyoteyogi

Thanks for this. I've gone with straight chocolate and powdered magic. The trick is to have a double boiler and a good candy thermometer so you can temper the chocolate. I'll have to give this a try next harvest. :rolleyes:

dub504

Coyote, thanks for adding the bit about tempering the chocolate. It's a lot easier to get them out of the molds. When I melt the chocolate I nuke 25 sec, stir and repeat with less time. For me, I think the trick is to get it just to the point of melted and not beyond.

coyoteyogi

In my limited experience you heat the chocolate to 120F and then let it cool back down to 85. You should not add shroom powder if it is hotter than 115 (110 to be safe). Chocolate is very fussy stuff and you have to be careful not to get any water splashes in it at all. Even a few drops will turn the cured chocolate to a rubbery consistency. It will, of course, still get you off. I think with chocolate flavored shrooms you can eat 1/3 less and get the same level and intensity of a journey. Naturally, your smileage may vary.

malabar

Coyoteyogi,
  I like that "Simleage" ,....  lol    ^_^  I think I'll have to archive that one for future use!
    :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!