curious about MAO Inhibitor

Started by moorhS, January 15, 2010, 02:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

looking at the dosage calculator http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator and noticed the MAO Inhibitor, and was wondering if any body here uses them... I was reading info on it and still don't really understand... are they just anti depressant pills or they talking Extacy or Valium?? thank ya

malabar

moorhS,
  I'm not sure if anyone uses the calculator.  My self and most that I know of are occasionally mixing w/Syrian Rue. 
  Forget that pill shit!  why would you spoil a perfectly good experience by taking something that is " Designed" to bring you down?
  Just research a bit more before you explore,.....  And enjoy!   -_-
     ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

moorhS

Malabar that calculator doesn't go near as high as your dosing... I couldn't imagine taking more than 6g I think it would be a waste for me not sure though maybe someday I will try :)

moorhS

shit that stuff is cheap... i ordered 4oz I'm gonna try it out. . .

malabar

Happy trails moorhS,.......    ^_^  See you on the "other side"!
  And I have never heard or read of anyone intentionally growing the Syrian Rue,....  I would guess that since there is a market for it, someone is making an effort, if not already cultivating it.  It's supply an demand,... And, the nature of "Man Beast" !

dub504

Ever tried Ayahuasca? Is it similar in effect? I wasn't sure if they both contain harmine.

malabar

Dub,
  You're on your own there,.......  Never tried it, and haven't done any research either.

jabwemet

dub-

I've made ayahuasca a few times with mimosa hostilis and rue.  It does remind me of smoking rue on a mushroom trip.  I haven't ventured back into it since the last time I made it- VERY intense, I must admit I wasn't prepared for it and it brought me to my knees.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

dub504

I think I might have to try the syrian rue w fungus.

psilocybin warrior

If you want to make a ayahusca i'd highly recommend the cappi vine, it contains rue as well. As far as MAOi's go mixing with fungi, id stick to the rue rather than manufactured synthetics.

PW

jabwemet

I made aya a few times with caapi (from bouncing bear) but could never get it as effective as the mimosa + rue.  Anyone have recommendations for other suppliers?  I think I'm going to plant some live caapi by the river this season.

dub504

I think there is a crock pot method on mycotopia.

coyoteyogi

I remember a lecture by Terrance Mckenna where he described his one and only experience with mixing harmine and psilocybin. He said it was the longest night of his life and exhorted the listeners to NOT do it. People do anyway. Please post a report if you make the plunge. Good luck.
  In my opinion, the best "maoi" inhibitor is chocolate. :mellow:

malabar

Touche', Coyoteyogi!
Chocolate is probably the best MAO Inhibitor for a great Many reasons,....  
  The price, the availability, the margin of safety, and and the fact that it can be pleasantly incorporated into so many foods, deserts and drinks.
  I like Syrian Rue, but chocolate is so much more convenient.

moorhS

Malabar, when you use syrian rue how long do you stay away from "the bad foods"... was going to start out with 2g rue & 2.5 fungus...  does this sounds like a good dose to start with.?.?.? I just don't want to go overboard with the shit ... thanks

malabar

MoorhS,
   Please be a bit more specific about the "bad foods",....  If you mean "junk or fast foods", .....  I don't generally consume them.  I'm not a health food freak, but I try to keep it somewhat healthy and clean,.....  Mostly fowl and fish.  But, I have been known to stray back to my roots,.....  Nothing like a greasy Latin dish, or some "Soul Food"! 
  And my doses are Much higher than yours, with or w/o the Syrian Rue.  So you are probably starting in the right neighborhood.  And I try not to consume Any heavy foods for at least 12 hours prior to my voyage.
  For me, 12g of shrooms to 3g - 4g for Syrian Rue are a great adventure,.... or beginning.
  Like everything else, walk softly, or use those training wheels the first time out.  Though there is always one that feels they can "ice skate uphill", "run through walls", or leap tall buildings in a single bound,....  The truth is they always end badly. 
  So go light and progress from there.  And Enjoy.
    ~Malabar     :mellow:

jabwemet

moorhs-

A good way to see what the rue will do without committing to dosage is to powder it up and smoke it once your trip is underway.  The taste is very pleasant.  I usually take a rip or two off of a water pipe and then sprinkle it on my ganja once the first hit sets in and I know it's under control.  You can take it very slowly this way, and you will notice what exactly the rue is doing almost immediately.  If you find it to be a friendly plant for you, then you can go on to oral doses.

If by "bad foods" you mean foods containing tyramine, I think 48 hours is generally considered safe.  Honestly, I think 24 hours is fine.  It's really not going to be a big problem unless you eat a giant bowl of cheese dip or guacamole or something right before or after you take the rue.  You might get a headache if you aren't strict about tyramine, but you probably aren't going to go into cardiac arrest or anything.

Actually, it's probably irresponsible for me to say that so... don't listen to me, do the research!  Check out an ayahuasca forum, aya drinkers know lots more about tyramine interactions.

moorhS

hey thanks guys, I'll go ahead and try smokin a little of it see how it feels... and yes the tyramine is what I was talking about when I said "bad foods" sorry for not clearing that up...and I will let you guys know how it was... thanks again :)